my russian wife/ green card hunter? scamed? need help.

p8435

Hello,
in late 2006 I meet a woman living in Russia, we met on a Dating site and we seemed to hit it off great. I traveled to Russia to meet her in the spring of 2007 and then to Ukraine for Christmas to meet her parents. I traveled again to Russia in the spring of 2008 and again to Ukraine for new year’s eve 2008/2009. I proposed on new year’s eve and she said yes.
The K-1 visa for her (and her son) went quickly and she came to the US in July of 2009 and we were married in October of 2009. Shortly after we got married she changed, always fighting over stupid things, and a few months later when her green card showed up she stopped coming to bed with me. She would stay up till 1 or 2 am on the internet. Her son took longer to get a green card but after he did she filed for divorce, a few days after that I came home from work to an empty house.
A few weeks went by and she finally answered her cell phone, she said she was in New York.
That’s when things turned really bad, I found out that a few days before she left she got arrested for retail theft, also a close friend told me to put her name, age, and city she was living in, into Google, he would not say why. What I found was that she was on a number of mail order bride date sites, all showing that she was divorced (we were not yet at this time).

So I guess my question is how can I protect myself? Can I pull my sponsorship or am I just screwed? Can I at least withdraw my financial support (or the I-864).

Since she has not had her green card for two years yet, will she have trouble since she left me early? What about the arrest, do I need to report that to immigration? Will that also cause her trouble.

The final court date is less than a month away, what if she does not show up?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Unless you can somehow get the marriage anulled, which will render the I-485 approval as null and void, the I-864 sticks with you!!!

Can I pull my sponsorship or am I just screwed? Can I at least withdraw my financial support (or the I-864).

All three issues below are her issues once the divorce comes through. You need not worry about these.

Since she has not had her green card for two years yet, will she have trouble since she left me early? What about the arrest, do I need to report that to immigration? Will that also cause her trouble.
That depends on your state's divorce laws. The judge will rule whether to finalise the divorce in absentia or not.

The final court date is less than a month away, what if she does not show up?