My receipt number starts with MSC

jasmine7103

Registered Users (C)
I got the notices yesterday and I checked the case online. It doesn't recognize the number I entered. It start with MSC, not WAC or SRC. Is this something new? On the status online webpage it says below. I checked the FAQ but nothing related to this issue.

To view the status of a case, please enter the corresponding application receipt number. The 13-character application receipt number can be found on application notices you have received from the USCIS. It begins with three letters such as (EAC, WAC, LIN, or SRC). Dashes ("-") should be omitted when entering a receipt number. However, all other characters, including asterisks ("*"), can be included if listed on your notice as part of the receipt number. See the FAQs for additional information on this system.

Give it time, keep trying eventually it will work. Some people get it to work online the day they receive the notices (Me for example) While others do not get the instant online tracking.

Give it a few days and try again, eventually it will work, I promise!

Mine is MSC too (I think it stands for Missouri Service Center which is the national benefits center, this is where all our family related cases seem to go)

Jasmine,

My husband's case started with that and yes, it stands for Missouri Service Center. The online thing takes some time so don't depend on that 100 percent. Our case sometimes didn't update on line yet we received items in the mail. So don't take the online status as gospel.

When you type in the number.. just add the letters in front of the number but its possible they haven't put it in the system yet.

No worries:)

My mother's case starts with MSC, too. The package was sent to Chicago Lockbox on 7/26, FP completed 9/4, case status online still not avilable.
I wonder how long it will take for it to show up, it's been almost 2 months.:confused:

My K3 receipt starts with MSC too. My husband got NOA1 a month ago and it said something like: to expedite processing this case has been transfered to our CA service center. Why am I being treated differently? Am I special? I just read above that NBC is in Missourie. Thanks.