My name check is completed!!!

Bbyaka

Registered Users (C)
After reading Rahul Kumar's eye-opening post about FBI Name Check I sent my faxes on August 16. One was FOIPA request, another - name check status inquiry. A week later I sent a fax to Mr. Hooton. And 10 days after that - another fax to Mr. Hardy, where I mentioned the fax to his boss. Every three days I was calling public inquiry line and leaving my information there. Tried to talk to a live person but could not get past the secretary - her only responce was "Give us a couple more weeks!". On Sept. 9th I got a phone call from a lady from the FBI (she did not introduce herself). She told me that my file had been pending since December 2002 (when USCIS submitted it to the FBI), however at that time a ridiculous number of requests was sent and FBI just did not have time to get to mine... Finally (her words) because of my persistence they pulled my file out of the pile and "10 seconds ago" it was given to one of their analysts.

Today I received an email stating that my namecheck was completed on September 11, and results were sent to the USCIS. :D

Here is the question to those who have been through this. How long does it normally take USCIS to get to this new information sent by the FBI? When should I expect to receive the oath invitation? I am with Philadelphia CIS office.

Thanks guys!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Persistance paid off for the both of us. All the best to you. Give the CIS about 10 working days atleats before it appears on their systems. You probably got a call from NNCP Analyst Diane Berger, who handles the voice line mostly..

PS:
9/11 was a Saturday and does FBI actually work on the weekends ? :D

I have no idea how they work... But here is the text of the email:

Dear Dr. xxxxxx

This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 16, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on September 11, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

I have a phone number of the officer who conducted my interview, so I will start bugging her in a couple of weeks.

Rahul, without that pdf of yours I would be still sitting and waiting for something to happen (for a long time I think). Thanks man!

redkarr1
If you are reading this please let me know what's new in your immigration process... Did you get the FP notice? I know you also go through Philadelphia CIS office...

Last edited by a moderator:
Bbyaka said:
I have no idea how they work... But here is the text of the email:

Dear Dr. xxxxxx

This is in reference to your facsimile dated August 16, 2004, concerning your immigration status. The FBI completed a record check for you on September 11, 2004, and the results were forwarded to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Sincerely yours,
David M. Hardy

I have a phone number of the officer who conducted my interview, so I will start bugging her in a couple of weeks.

Congratulations Bbyaka. Whats is your timeline? Please keep us posted when you recieve the Oath notice. Good luck - Good days are coming to you.

Bbyaka, Congrats!
Wow, i am suprised you had the patience to wait since dec. 2002! i have been waiting for my name to clear for 3 months now, and i am already losing patience! i am with Boston office.

Here is my timeline (Philadelphia Disctrict Office):
N400 sent out August 30, 2002
Priority Date September 05, 2002
Name check request sent to FBI December 2002
Fingerprinting April 05, 2003
Interview October 07, 2003
Name check completed September 11, 2004

Bbyaka said:
Here is my timeline (Philadelphia Disctrict Office):
N400 sent out August 30, 2002
Priority Date September 05, 2002
Name check request sent to FBI December 2002
Fingerprinting April 05, 2003
Interview October 07, 2003
Name check completed September 11, 2004

Very long wait for you Bbyaka. Do you have any common name?
Hopefully things will move quickly now. Good luck.

Congrats congrats are in order. :) So being persistent paid off eh? Hopefully my persistence will to. Mailed two letter today, one to Mr.Hardy and one to Mr.Hooton. Called and left a message on the inquiry line. Called and left a message with Renee Morton. Let's see if anything happens. Again Congrats.

Rahul Kumar said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Persistance paid off for the both of us. All the best to you. Give the CIS about 10 working days atleats before it appears on their systems. You probably got a call from NNCP Analyst Diane Berger, who handles the voice line mostly..

PS:
9/11 was a Saturday and does FBI actually work on the weekends ? :D

man i'm still unclear on this ..
At what point do you know that you are a victim of the name check problem ..? correct me if i'm wrong, from what i gathered, name check comes afer finger prints get cleared ..?? Is it the waiting time that tell you to start bugging the FBI about name check clearance..?

dimmsimm said:
man i'm still unclear on this ..
At what point do you know that you are a victim of the name check problem ..? correct me if i'm wrong, from what i gathered, name check comes afer finger prints get cleared ..?? Is it the waiting time that tell you to start bugging the FBI about name check clearance..?

Usually its after the interview.

mfar said:
i was told my name needed to be cleared right after the interview was over

Dude, join the club! You, as countless others, are stuck in the name-check-completion-wait phase...

Name Check

Can you please provide us the detailed fax numbers and the persons whom you contacted. I will also try my Luck looks like I am also in the same boat.

Hi Bbyaka,
If you don't mind, do you have a common name? or do you know why they delayed your name check? Thanks.

Bbyaka,

Congratulations! Now let me update you with my case. My name check was completed on August 9th as per the email received from FBI. USCIS (Philadelphia) send me 3 letters in reponse to my faxed letter of August 16th asking for status update. The first letter was dated 17th , the second was dated 24th; both letters said that they were still waiting for name check clearance. The third letter dated 26th indicated that I will have to be fingerprinted again and a notice was sent on August 20th. Now you can decide for yourself when they could see the name check information on their computers.

However, I am worried now because I have not received the FP notice yet. I have already faxed 2 letters to the Distract Director and have requested him to send me another letter, but there is no reponse from them so far. I am planning to call them now and talk to an Officer directly.