MY N600 UPDATE INFORMATION

Guys, need I remind you that you are already US citizens, so this whole fear of the N600 process when you have your passports in hand is overblown. They cannot deny you citizenship because it is not their place to do so. You have it, automatically. You're just applying for a document to prove it that never expires. Jackson muzak - this anecdote about your step brother proves this. The lack of your GC is irrelevant, even if they huff and puff and pretend it's a big deal that you don't have it.

I understand where you are coming from and I actually already know the fact that i'am a US Citizen already.. It's just that the people that handles our paperwork are not always knowledgeable and could therefore delay or deny our cases which causes more of a delay to appeal. Example: I applied for my passport because this forum told me I should. I went to TWO different USPS locations and both said I needed my CoC and did not even let me apply! Only when I went to my county clerk did they let me apply, but they said they were not 100% sure I could get a passport without a CoC. Just pointing out those facts there to explain why I worry.

Some guy got deported with his son back to Jamaica even with a us passport. Not sure what the situation was, but I can find you the link so you can read it yourself. Even people with US Birth certificate getting deported I it would be nice to have something on top of the passport just in case. We depending on our parents cert of citizenship to prove citizenship I want my own certificate. What if the law change years from now?

Thought you might be interested to know - I emailed Dept of State to ask what the policy is on retaining the green card when a passport application is submitted. Basically they gave me a non committal response and wouldn't say they do or they don't.
They said to check with the local passport office for specific questions, so I wonder if is state or city specific since some people get their GC back and others don't.

Well not sure if am gonna get mine back or not, but I did called DoS about my original documents the lady told me she doubt I get my green card back and they just mailed my originals out yesterday give it 14 days. I told her am gonna need my green card for my cert of citizenship interview with uscis she said she THINK send the green card to uscis when you don't get it back. Like why can't i just get a straight answer. I told her with no cert of citizenship what if I need to prove my citizenship cause my passport lost or stolen and my parents documents no longer available now what. She didn't have much to say that was suck.

Yeah, that's what's supposed to happen. But, when I show up to USCIS for the interview and they ask me for the GC that I don't have anymore, I hope it won't be a problem. I know I can bring my letter from DoS stating that they sent my GC to USCIS, but I know our agencies tend to lose paperwork all the time and the letter from DoS can be easily made by anyone. It's a very simple letterhead... Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted. Glad you went to the clerk to apply for the passport and not the USPS, they wasted my time TWICE and made me feel hopeless. It's only thanks to this forum that I tried a third time at the county clerk. Therefore, I'm here to help if I can!
Hi, I send my n600 back in Nov 2015 I want to apply for my passport but I'm scare, my father is a citizen and I'm hopping to get derrival. I do I need to get approved for my passport? Can you please help me?.

How old are you now? And explain your situation
I'm now 40 yrs old my dad is a citizen because of my grandma and my grandpa were born here in the United States I never submitted and N600 because I never knew about it I tried to summit for a green card with my ex-husband many years ago and was denied, :( until Last year I discovered with this new attorney that I was able that I was able to submit an N 600 frim my dad now my application says that it was received at the local office. Dec 9 2015.

I'm now 40 yrs old my dad is a citizen because of my grandma and my grandpa were born here in the United States I never submitted and N600 because I never knew about it I tried to summit for a green card with my ex-husband many years ago and was denied, :( until Last year I discovered with this new attorney that I was able that I was able to submit an N 600 frim my dad now my application says that it was received at the local office. Dec 9 2015.

Looks Your situation totally different from ours. What documents you submitted with your N600 Form?

Well they asked me proof of everything N600 was send, 2 photos, my dad BC, mine certificate well the attorney submitted a lot of different documents I'm too just worried. They send me an email with NBC # but I have not heard anything, on line does not update is the same thing, "we received your application at our local office December 9

Well they asked me proof of everything N600 was send, 2 photos, my dad BC, mine certificate well the attorney submitted a lot of different documents I'm too just worried. They send me an email with NBC # but I have not heard anything, on line does not update is the same thing, "we received your application at our local office December 9

Am sorry, I think you should get with your attorney about this. Usually the same documents you use to get the N600 can be use to obtain a passport but with your situation it's hard to tell. How did you enter the US your mom is she a citizen?

Am sorry, I think you should get with your attorney about this. Usually the same documents you use to get the N600 can be use to obtain a passport but with your situation it's hard to tell. How did you enter the US your mom is she a citizen?
No, only my Dad, ok thank you for your help, I guess I just have to keep waiting, is just the waiting part that is very agonizing. Thank you.

No, only my Dad, ok thank you for your help, I guess I just have to keep waiting, is just the waiting part that is very agonizing. Thank you.

Don't be surprised if uscis requests for more documents. Is it like consular report of birth abroad that you sent with your N600 application if not unless you wer here before the age of 18 with a green card I really don't see what other way you can be qualified for the N600.

Hope everything works out. Sorry I can't help because our situation is slightly different. If your attorney thinks you have enough documentation for the N600, then I think those documents should be good enough for your passport. I say go for it! Worse they can do to you is deny your application. Good luck!

That's what happened to me. I'm not sure if you saw my previous post about that. You should be receiving a letter stating that they sent it to USCIS. I'll let you know if it'll affect our N600 application soon. My case just updated from "in line for interview" to "interview date scheduled". I just need to wait for the letter to come regarding that date.

About time something happening for you after all these months. How long after you get your original documents you received the letter?