My H1 transfer was denied..Help!

ineedhelp

Hi,
My H1 transfer petition was rejected recently.
INS wants information (contracts, tax filing, W2, etc) about the company (maybe since its small)
It has given us the option to appeal.
Anyone has any tips/comments?

My H1 transfer was rejected..HELP

Hi,
My H1 transfer petition was rejected recently.
INS wants information (contracts, tax filing, W2, etc) about the company (maybe since its small)
It has given us the option to appeal.
Anyone has any tips/comments?

Provide the INS what they need

Your Lawyer/company should have provided INS your Contract, taxfiling copy, W-2, dont you have all this?

Need more help

Hi Inder,

Thanks for replying.
My employer will be providing everything INS wants.
I am in India right now, due to unavoidable circusmtances, and have to fly back to USA on 29th Jan.

I have two further questions for you:
1> Can I come on my old H1 since it has not been explicitly cancelled. The problem is that I dont have any pay stubs since June from this old company.

2> Do you think I stand a chance to hear result of the appeal in 30 days?

I appreciate your help

At the port of entry...

I have travelled twice (before sep 11) and they have never asked for my I797 form or pay stubs or any other docs. But, you will never know what they might ask.

Answer to i_need_help

You do not have a valid petition pending (appeal is not considered pending) so you may not enter the country if you intend to work for any employer other than the one listed on your visa stamp.

I\'m not saying that you can\'t get away with it, I\'m only saying that it is illegal to do so and you will be subject to deportation if the true situation is discovered while you are here. Additionally, any employment with the new employer will be unauthorized.

Jim

Is it possible to get F2 AND H1 stamped in same trip

The title may sound crankish, but the situation is...
I am in India since 4 months and WANT to fly back to USA on 28th Jan with my husband (who is on F1 visa)
My H1 to H1 transfer was recently rejected.
I have already appealed providing requested/necessary evidence.

Due to time constraints and low chances of winning the appeal soon, I plan to get F2 stamped on my passport.
I understand that if I ENTER USA on F2, then my H1 will be cancelled.
So my question is...
If I do win the appeal, is it possible/advisable to get H1 stamped - just few days after getting F2 stamped?
Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Talk to a good lawyer

you need to talk to a good lawyer..reason is this even if your
h1 gets approved once you are here you will still have to apply
for change of status once you are here..that is just what applying
for h1 is...so you are better off coming here on an f2 then apply for
change of status once you are here...

No Title

Hi,
I am also in the same situation. I work for company A. Company B wants to transfer my H1. I had pay stubs till July 2001. If any one knows what exactly the INS asking in queries please post your answers.
I would Appreciate the help.

never got laid off

Hi,

Thanks for your interest.

I have never got laid off.
My employer (old and new) are aware+allright of my 4 month long trip to India.
I never went out of status too.

F2 to H1B

I am here on F2 visa as my husband is a student here. Now I have been offered a job so I need to get my Visa transferred from F2 to H1B. Do I have to go back to India for this or can I get the F2 to H1B transfer staying here? Further, are there any chances of H1B rejection?
Does anybody have any experience/information of such cases?

f2 to h1

Are you saying that your F2 to H1 was denied? Why? I am curious because I am also trying to get a F2 to H1 transfer.

H1 Extention

Hi
My current employer has applied for my H1 extention.My Passport will expired on Feb\'03 and legally INS can grant me stay till Feb\'03.This sums my stay in USA with extention on H1 is four years,but as per law one can stay in USA on H1B1 maximum 6 years.My question is can i apply again for extention after reneing my Passport for the remaining 2 years !
Thanks.

H1 extension stamping in india

I got my approval notice for H1 extension for another 3 yrs from INS. my earlier H1 expired 15-20 days back. Also, I have recd my EAD but not advance parole yet. I have to visit india urgently and I plan on getting my H1 extension stamped in india. is that okay?
or will I have any problem in india in US conulate or can there be any possible problem while entering in US?. any adverse effect on my I-485?

/

H1 extension in Mumbai

I plan to get my H1 extension stamping in mumbai. Have applied for 485 also. First H1 was done in Canada? How long does Mumbai consulate take? Any problems??? Please share experiences.

H1 Extn in Mumbai

Hi,
If your applying for H-1 extn, its very simple and easy. You 99% would have to put ur passport in the drop box, if you already have an H-1 visa in ur passport. And you would not be asked to attend an interview, since you already have once visa stamped. Revalidating is very simple and straight forward. And you would get ur passport back in the very same day in the evening, when u go to the embassy in the morning for stamping. I have done mine around 3 times or so. You have to club ur petition and passport and all required docs together and they\'ll ask for stamping fees and ask u to come back in the evening, and they\'ll put urs in the drop box. If your asked to sit down, that means, the officer would like to speak to you. But most of all it would be drop box pattern. And no problems at all.
Shirley
Email- shirley_john@hotmail.com