• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

My dv lottery visa journey 2014 - Colombo, Sri Lanka

SampathSL

Hi All,

I have looked at this forum a million times throughout my journey and have found it sooo amazingly helpful I thought I would share my experience in the hopes that it might help some people. my special thanks to these members, Britsimon, SusieQQQ, Lionhawk, mandb, samlanka, and lakshanpereraa for their support and encouragement provided through this process.

Pre-Interview

In My case I was very nervous to getting the documents on time because I knew that qualifying on work experience is very difficult (I didn't have A/L but I have a BSc (Hons) degree (UK) + 2 years and 5 months of work experience as a Software Engineer. )

So I compiled some very important documents (evidence) for my interview,

1. My BSc Degree certificate and Transcript
2. British council Sri Lanka verification for my degree certificate and transcript (Certification of UK qualifications)
3. Letter from my employer explaining about my job role, responsibilities & etc.
4. Recommendation letter from my senior Manager (Seiner Software Engineer)
5. My job appointment letter (It has my stating salary, job title and etc.)

Interview Day

My Interview was scheduled on 14th of August @ 1.00pm. On the day of interview, I went to the embassy at 12.30pm. About 10 persons were waiting. At 1.45pm I was called to give my documents, later finger prints and pay the visa fee. It took may be 20 - 30 minutes. Then I waited for about 10 minutes before to be called to the window by a very friendly male officer for interview. The interview itself lasted less than 5 minutes.

CO: Raise your right hand ... do you swear to tell the truth n ..nothing but the truth?
ME: I did.
CO: asked me to sign the DS230 form
CO: Do you have A/L ?
ME: Answered
CO: Where did you get your bachelor from?
CO: What's your current job?
CO: What's your current salary?
CO: After that he took a yellow paper and wrote the name with visa collection date and told congratulation, you are qualified on your education and also with your work experience. You can collect your visa on next week.
ME: thanks.

I walked out of the doors at 2.30pm. It was such a quick and easy process. I actually couldn't believe how easy it was.

Hi All,

I have looked at this forum a million times throughout my journey and have found it sooo amazingly helpful I thought I would share my experience in the hopes that it might help some people. my special thanks to these members, Britsimon, SusieQQQ, Lionhawk, mandb, samlanka, and lakshanpereraa for their support and encouragement provided through this process.

Pre-Interview

In My case I was very nervous to getting the documents on time because I knew that qualifying on work experience is very difficult (I didn't have A/L but I have a BSc (Hons) degree (UK) + 2 years and 5 months of work experience as a Software Engineer. )

So I compiled some very important documents (evidence) for my interview,

1. My BSc Degree certificate and Transcript
2. British council Sri Lanka verification for my degree certificate and transcript (Certification of UK qualifications)
3. Letter from my employer explaining about my job role, responsibilities & etc.
4. Recommendation letter from my senior Manager (Seiner Software Engineer)
5. My job appointment letter (It has my stating salary, job title and etc.)

Interview Day

My Interview was scheduled on 14th of August @ 1.00pm. On the day of interview, I went to the embassy at 12.30pm. About 10 persons were waiting. At 1.45pm I was called to give my documents, later finger prints and pay the visa fee. It took may be 20 - 30 minutes. Then I waited for about 10 minutes before to be called to the window by a very friendly male officer for interview. The interview itself lasted less than 5 minutes.

CO: Raise your right hand ... do you swear to tell the truth n ..nothing but the truth?
CO: asked me to sign the DS230 form
CO: Do you have A/L ?
CO: Where did you get your bachelor from?
CO: What's your current job?
CO: What's your current salary?
CO: After that he took a yellow paper and wrote the name with visa collection date and told congratulation, you are qualified on your education and also with your work experience. You can collect your visa on next week.
ME: thanks.

I walked out of the doors at 2.30pm. It was such a quick and easy process. I actually couldn't believe how easy it was.

Fantastic - so they passed you on the Bsc. Not strictly speaking correct, but not unheard of either. Given that the CO has experience proof also, it was an easy decision - and they only have to tick a box to say you are qualified! Being prepared for all eventualities probably increased your self assurance and that, I believe, helps these interviews go smoothly. Congratulations!

Fantastic - so they passed you on the Bsc. Not strictly speaking correct, but not unheard of either. Given that the CO has experience proof also, it was an easy decision - and they only have to tick a box to say you are qualified! Being prepared for all eventualities probably increased your self assurance and that, I believe, helps these interviews go smoothly. Congratulations!

Thanks for sharing dude :)
Congrats

Thanks simon and vladek