my case

yiling_hu

Registered Users (C)
I submitted my application on Jan. 29th 2002, getting file No. May 9th.Today I got the medical forms from IRPC in Buffalo. Besides, providing them with the updated no criminal record, the evidence of funds as usually, I also is required to have an English Language Testing. I knew that a quite few people who have immigrated into Canada were not asked for such testing. I don't know If such information means my application has been gone the initial assessment? or they need to reassess my case upon my English testing. I have studied English for 6 years and stayed at the U.S. for three years. Really appreciate if someone had the same experience as mine and can provide some clues for such testing. Thanks
:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Yiling_hu:

I submit my application 1 month after you using the old form. Currently I have not heard anything yet. I wonder whether I should submit new forms and needed document spcified in the new forms.

Could you please let me know whether you send CIC updated new forms or you just use your original old forms submitted on 1/29/2002? Do you send them the original transcripts, exprience letter with business card? Do you send them additional 4 photos specified in the new form?

I hope to hear back from you as soon as possible. My email address: hchen347@hotmail.com

I hope the IELT testing is not too difficult and good luck for the test,

Thanks,

Hi yiling_hu /henry347

I have observed from this forum , that Canadian authorities are asking to fill up the information using new forms , for those who applied after Jan 1, 2002 and used OLD forms . Also need to send additional information , documents , photos etc ..

I did that already. (just the copies of the documents..not original one except bank statement )

Regarding language ability , well situation is not clear yet. But if they have specifically asked to give IELTS exam , u don't have option. I guess once they receive any document supporting language ability ..such as IELTS , they will reassess the application .

I have also submitted my application on 02/28/2002 and keeping a close eye on cases to check whether I need to give IELTS exam.

henry347 , did u appear for the exam already ..if so please give some details.

Thanks

hi ksandy/henry347,

I have applied for Canadian immigration under the skilled labor category during April, 2002. It seems, all of us who filed their application on and after Jan 1,2001 are required to send the new application forms.
Can you send me the information about those new forms.
Do I have to send all the forms which are listed under skilled labor category on their website?

1. Application for Permanent Residence in Canada [IMM 0008]
2. Schedule 1: Background/Declaration [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 1]
3. Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
4. Authority to Release Information to Designated Individuals [IMM 5476]

I think, we have already sent all these forms with our application. Does that mean Canadian immigration dept. want us to send these forms along with the more documents again.

Thanks in advance for the clarification. I hope this information will help others too.

-- sanjeev