My Canadian fiance and soon to be born son --- need advice

uni708

I am a US citizen, born and raised, and a 9 year army veteran, my fiance is a Canadian citizen and will be giving birth to our son in arpil. Im currently in canada visiting waiting for our son to be born. I am looking for advice as to how we should go about moving my fiance and son back to the US. We want to get married, and live in the US. If i file for the k1 fiance visa for her will i need separate forms filed BEFORE and along with her K1 fiance visa in order to bring our son back since he is my son? I understand it takes about 3-4 months for the fiance visa to be approved, which is OK. I'm curious what difficulties having a baby together might create. Would it be as simple as just getting a Canadian passport for him once he is born and when she comes to the US on her fiance visa we just file for the american birth certificate/citizenship?

Also would it be easier to just get married now before the baby is born, and then wait the 9 months until she can move to america? if we went that route would she be able to visit me during that time with our son? i was thinking this would be nice since i would have time to move back and set things up for our family.

Any help would be much appreciated. we have been together for a year and the pregnancy wasnt planned, but we do love each other and want to make this work. We are committed to making this work and just be married already and start our lives officially together.

PLEASE HELP!

Your son is an U.S. citizen (in addition to Canadian), so he should enter the U.S. on a U.S. passport. If he is born abroad, you can do a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the local consulate, and then apply for a U.S. passport.

Your son is an U.S. citizen (in addition to Canadian), so he should enter the U.S. on a U.S. passport. If he is born abroad, you can do a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) at the local consulate, and then apply for a U.S. passport.

ah, thank you. i never knew this.