• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Multiple DV Applicant

savage1986

Hi All,
I just joined the forum, but happen to read it for three years. Very therapeutic.
I have a question. I've applied for DV Lottery in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, skipped 2014. Never been selected. I tried to make sure that everything I enter during application process is aligned with official rules. Could it be some general mistake that lets me register, but serves as basis for automatic disqualification?

Hi All,
I just joined the forum, but happen to read it for three years. Very therapeutic.
I have a question. I've applied for DV Lottery in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, skipped 2014. Never been selected. I tried to make sure that everything I enter during application process is aligned with official rules. Could it be some general mistake that lets me register, but serves as basis for automatic disqualification?
Statistically, depending on your region, chances for being selected for further DV processing are somewhere between 0.5 and 3 percent. Participating 6 times and not being selected, purely mathematically, is therefore not at all unusual. Best of luck to you.

Thank you for the response. Another question: my son is US citizen, and I didn't enter his information. I think, that's what the rule is - if the child is LPR or citizen, there is no need to mention him in application. Basically, I'm applying solely for myself. Or am I wrong?

Thank you for the response. Another question: my son is US citizen, and I didn't enter his information. I think, that's what the rule is - if the child is LPR or citizen, there is no need to mention him in application. Basically, I'm applying solely for myself. Or am I wrong?
Question for you then - given that your son is a US Citizen:
https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-family/green-card-family-member-us-citizen
Is he under age 21?

On your other question - DV instructions:
"A child who is already a U.S. citizen or LPR will not require or be issued a Diversity Visa; you will not be penalized for either including or omitting such family members from your entry."

Last edited:
He's 4.
The reason I keep applying for DV is that I don't have Green Card yet. So, I have to bounce between visas and statuses to maintain legal presence in US. I do work for NYC DOE, but they aren't willing to sponsor my GC. Yeah ...

He's 4.
The reason I keep applying for DV is that I don't have Green Card yet. So, I have to bounce between visas and statuses to maintain legal presence in US. I do work for NYC DOE, but they aren't willing to sponsor my GC. Yeah ...
Presumably you would have benefited from DAPA 'Deferred action for parents of U.S. citizens'. Good luck!