Multi-Purpose Date Calculator

Should TIME & DATE be on the sticky thread ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Usher

Registered Users (C)
I found a nifty tool online that can help anyone, especially those who have multiple trips abroad, calculate how much time they spent in and out of the US. It's very user-friendly, just enter the dates of your departure and arrival and it'll tell you exactly how many days you've been in or out.

Date Duration Calculator - Click Here

;)

you can also use microsoft excel to do the exact same thing. Moreover if you have many trips you can make a little table in excel that also tells you the total number of days.

And if you want to get real fancy, you can use Excel to track your travel dates and embed a numerology counter to determine when would be the best time of the year for you to have a child.:D

and if you want to get real fancy, you can use excel to track your travel dates and embed a numerology counter to determine when would be the best time of the year for you to have a child.:d

haven't you heard of the kiss rule??? Use "pico" and a "/bin/csh" shell account :)

Haha, no let's complicate the hell out of it please, because it isn't complicated as it is. xD

Last edited by a moderator:
you can also use microsoft excel to do the exact same thing. Moreover if you have many trips you can make a little table in excel that also tells you the total number of days.

MS Excel date calculation assumes 360 days/year and 30 days/month. So if you calculate the number of days between 03/09/2008 and 03/09/2009, the result will be 360 days. Not very accurate.

I personally like www.timeanddate.com

I found a nifty tool online that can help anyone, especially those who have multiple trips abroad, calculate how much time they spent in and out of the US. It's very user-friendly, just enter the dates of your departure and arrival and it'll tell you exactly how many days you've been in or out.

Date Duration Calculator - Click Here

;)

Some lawyers use formula

duration=arrival date - departure date-1.

This make any less than 24 hours stay 0 day and 71 hours stay only 2 days

71 hours could happen if you depart 8AM on Jan 1 and come back on 7am Jan 4.

So duration can be 4 days, 3 days, and 2 days depend on formual you use

duration = end date - start date+1
duration = end date - start date
duration = end date - start date-1

Some lawyers use formula

duration=arrival date - departure date-1.

This make any less than 24 hours stay 0 day and 71 hours stay only 2 days

71 hours could happen if you depart 8AM on Jan 1 and come back on 7am Jan 4.

So duration can be 4 days, 3 days, and 2 days depend on formual you use

duration = end date - start date+1
duration = end date - start date
duration = end date - start date-1

I believe the rule says that a day that is partially spent in the US counts as a full day.

MS Excel date calculation assumes 360 days/year and 30 days/month. So if you calculate the number of days between 03/09/2008 and 03/09/2009, the result will be 360 days. Not very accurate.

I personally like www.timeanddate.com

That is incorrect; excel recognizes the correct number of days in a month and it also recognizes leap years. I entered the two dates you came up with and I got 365 days. for dates 3/9/07 to 3/9/08 I get 366 days.

I had over 15 travels in 5 years and the table in excel proved very useful. I was also able to "cut and paste" from Excel into N-400 form very easily.

I believe the rule says that a day that is partially spent in the US counts as a full day.

That is why a day partially spend outside the US is zero.

So for your duration in the USA, use formula

duration=end date-start date

So for your duration outside the USA, use formula

duration=end date-start date-1

If end date and start date are the same day, count it as
1 for in-US duration and 0 for out-side-US duration

That is incorrect; excel recognizes the correct number of days in a month and it also recognizes leap years. I entered the two dates you came up with and I got 365 days. for dates 3/9/07 to 3/9/08 I get 366 days.

I had over 15 travels in 5 years and the table in excel proved very useful. I was also able to "cut and paste" from Excel into N-400 form very easily.

You're right, I was using the wrong Date function. In fact, it's a simple subtraction, no function is needed.

enter dates in different cells in d/m/yy format. calculate difference in the 3rd cell (=c1-b1). It always comes out correct.
B1 c1 c1-b1
3/9/07 3/9/08 366

I was wondering. Does physical presence requirement have to be satisfied at the time the application is filed or can it be satisfied by the interview date?

just in time

Great tool and just in time. I am mailing my app on 23rd. Found that I was counting one day less for each travel and corrected it. Not that it alters the continuos residency or physical presence, but better to be accurate yeah?

I was wondering. Does physical presence requirement have to be satisfied at the time the application is filed or can it be satisfied by the interview date?

I believe it shoudl be satified at both. Assuming due to backlog ID is 15 month later after PD, If you file N-400 now with perfect continuous physical present record and then go out country for 15 month
and then go for an interview. They will deny your aplication

I believe it shoudl be satified at both. Assuming due to backlog ID is 15 month later after PD, If you file N-400 now with perfect continuous physical present record and then go out country for 15 month
and then go for an interview. They will deny your aplication

I think you're mixing between continuous residence and physical presence. The latter is satisfied at the time of the application. Continuous residence must be maintained until oath.