1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Moving to US with US spouse

Discussion in 'Australia - Visiting, Living in, Moving to or Movi' started by bloke, Nov 22, 2011.

1. bloke

bloke Registered Users (C)

Hi,

I've been offered a job in the US and was wondering the best way to proceed. I lived in the US previously on an E-3 visa and got married to a US citizen, but we both moved to Australia shortly after the wedding. We've been married for a little over a year now.

My thoughts are that it would be easier to get a temporary visa now, because the processing time would be shorter and my wife would not need to move back to the US to sponsor me. Would it be possible for me to get an E3 visa although I am married to a US citizen? Would I be better off applying for a H1-B? Would there be any complications with applying for a green card once I am in the US?

Thanks for your help!
  2. bloke

bloke Registered Users (C)

Sorry, I double posted. Please see the identical thread in the forum.