1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Moving to US with US spouse

Discussion in 'Australia - Visiting, Living in, Moving to or Movi' started by bloke, Nov 22, 2011.

  1. bloke

    bloke Registered Users (C)


    I've been offered a job in the US and was wondering the best way to proceed. I lived in the US previously on an E-3 visa and got married to a US citizen, but we both moved to Australia shortly after the wedding. We've been married for a little over a year now.

    My thoughts are that it would be easier to get a temporary visa now, because the processing time would be shorter and my wife would not need to move back to the US to sponsor me. Would it be possible for me to get an E3 visa although I am married to a US citizen? Would I be better off applying for a H1-B? Would there be any complications with applying for a green card once I am in the US?

    Thanks for your help!
  2. bloke

    bloke Registered Users (C)

    Sorry, I double posted. Please see the identical thread in the forum.

Share This Page