Moving money from US to Canada

Hello! I have already completed my first transaction. It was very easy to sign up and send money. I have created an account for my relative too and received an email confirmation that my transaction has been processed. I am not in a hurry so have chosen courier delivery (it costs just $4.95).

Martin 2 said:
Hello! I have already completed my first transaction. It was very easy to sign up and send money. I have created an account for my relative too and received an email confirmation that my transaction has been processed. I am not in a hurry so have chosen courier delivery (it costs just $4.95).

Make sure, you have your relative's ikard PIN and tell him or her about it. I am sure they know what a Visa card is but without the PIN they won't be able to withdraw the money you sent.
I am sorry if you knew about this but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thanks YoeyM! I have entered email address of my recipient while creating ikobo account for him. So PIN number has been emailed to his address. Now he is waiting for the ikard to arrive.

Hello everyone! I need to have my sending limit and recipient’s receiving limit raised. I do know we have to submit some documents required at the raising limits form. But I am interested if anyone here followed this procedure.

I did raised my limits once (my store has a medium turnover amount). After I sent my required documents I had to wait for 18 hours to have ikobo raise my limits, so in other words, it works. There were no incidents.

Thanks, JoeyM, for your reply, but I have already handled raising limits procedure. I have emailed scanned copies of my drivers license and gas bill. My sending and receiving limits have been raised to $1000 within 24 hours :) .

Hello again people, sorry for not posting recently, but apparently something happened to my e-mail notifications.
So, how is everybody doing lately?
I mean have you had any problems using ikobo or something like that? Are your shops up and running and customers pouring in like there's no tomorrow?
Just kidding about that, but seriously now, is everything ok? Have you made any changes to your stores in terms of what shopping carts you're using, or something similar?
That is if anyone is using ikobo as a MAP(Merchant Account Provider)! :p

blaine said:
Hello again people, sorry for not posting recently, but apparently something happened to my e-mail notifications.
So, how is everybody doing lately?
I mean have you had any problems using ikobo or something like that? Are your shops up and running and customers pouring in like there's no tomorrow?
Just kidding about that, but seriously now, is everything ok? Have you made any changes to your stores in terms of what shopping carts you're using, or something similar?
That is if anyone is using ikobo as a MAP(Merchant Account Provider)! :p

We all know what a MAP is mister wise guy :)
No ikobo problems so far ... unless you count my recent downfall with one of my eshops. Eh well ... life goes on. :)
Good luck everybody!

I'm glad you do. Maybe there are some folks who don't, that's why I was explaining it.
So you're saying ikobo is ok for you as a MAP? Then how come you've had problems with your shop?

ikobo doesn't have nothing to do with my e-shop problems. My problem's source was related with the marketing department of the shop, so here you go wise guy. You have your answer. I never had real problems with ikobo, which I can't say for 2co, if you want my sincere opinion. :(

OK. I got it... no problems with ikobo, poor marketing. I suppose this makes me feel better, what do you know, it actually does. Glad to know ikobo works for you!

Anyway, has anyone processed any transactions through ikobo lately? I mean apart from p2p transfers which obviously work. There have been some rumors that ikobo is having difficulties with visa or something. Any news on that?
Apparently, as far as I know, VISA/MC's policy is causing a lot of headaches for a lot of people, indirectly since the processors we use have to adhere to their rules which seem a little exaggerated. I know they're supposed to be for security reasons and such, but I've never had problems using ikobo so far, so I suppose their security was good enough.

www.Ikobo.com ... BE VERY CAREFULL

Ok, here my OWN experience about Ikobo.

In past, my dad sent me money through Ikobo. I live NEAR him but I study in Montreal. So I'm near him ONLY in weekend... so anyway. He sended me money. was usefull since my *real* home is 300km from montreal (Canada).

Then I decided to make a Trip to Russia. but While I was there, my wallet disapear... So I asked dad to send me money again... he did... and they FROZE my account, asking me to send fax of utility bill... DAMN... anyway, I manage to do it, even if I was in Russia... but I got pretty scary to be stuck there... and... I forgot the story... Last month, I come back to Russia... Moscow this time... What an horrible place to Go... I'll never go back to Moscow... anyway, got big problem there and corrupted police ask us money. so I ran out of cash before end of trip... but now Ikobo doesn't accept MASTERCARD anymore and Dad doesn'T have VISA... so... I asked a friend... he DID transfer the money... although they FROZE his account 2 days... but then, WHILE MONEY WAS IN MY ACCOUNT ON MY IKOBO CARD, THEY REVERSED THE TRANSFER !!!

stating my friend LIVE IN SAME TOWN AS ME !!! well... I was in Russia but for them, that doesnT' MATTER. You cannot send money to someone near you that got an ikobo card... damn... I managed to borrow money to friend in Russia... but Hey, my friend gain 200 US$ per MONTH at her job... so... when I borrow her 300$, this was BIG money for her... anyway, I manage to come back... and ask my friend to send money to my Russian friend with Ikobo to give her back the money I borrow...

Guess WHAT??? They BLOCKED my friend account AGAIN asking for SAME DOCUMENT, utilitie bill and driver liscence... so... we SENDED IT...
well... been 3 week now... no NEWS from them... not even an EMAIL... we email LIMITS@ikobo.net SEVERAL TIME... they NEVER answered him... NO EVEN ONCE...

so I emailed limits@ikobo.net from MY EMAIL account... I got SEVERAL response from them, they even LOOK at the problem and give me this response: There is NO problem in your friend account, but the service NEED to contact him to ensure his identity. So I said to them: At least SEND HIM an EMAIL !!!... they NEVER DID. contact information in my friend account are ok, I checked them with him. and he is a LAWER, so... there is ALWAYS someone at his office... Still... they never called... been 3 week now... *g* Oh... yeah I forgot to tell... remember when they REVERSED the transaction... well... transaction are in US$... I'm in Canada. Since they reversed transaction after 2 DAYS !, money rate change 0.05$/Can$ as a result, on a 500 US$ deposit, I got CHARGED 25 CAN $
of course, Ikobo refuse claim on that matter... even if they did NOT ENQUIRE about the validity of that transaction.

THEY MESS UP A LOT They BLOCKED my friend account 3 times. They Blocked dad account several time too, but since he don't own VISA, only mastercard, this doesn'T matter anymore, he can't send money now...

also, I MUST POINT OUT... Ikobo RULES and LEGISLATION CHANGE a LOT in last 6 month. But they NEVER send me email about this. for example, they add the clause about restricting sending of money in same town... (they modify it actually) and they Also ADDED a LOT OF RULES about no LIABILITY OF SERVICE, even if YOU LOSE MONEY because of them... that way, they CANNOT BE SUED.

so my best advice is: Ikobo is a great way of sending money... when it WORK... just DON'T RELY ON THEM. Use is as a second choice option. cheaper price, true... but NOT RELIABLE AT ALL. and NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT WHATSOEVER... even if you got their ONLINE LIVE CHAT running, they will ALWAYS SAYS THIS: LIMITS IS NOT OUR DEPARTMENT, WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THESES PROBLEM, PLEASE EMAIL limits@ikobo.net
and... in any case, they'll probably not answer your mail...

unless Ikobo change their attitude towards client... Ikobo is about to Crash.
that's my opinions...

you need more info about it, just email me.

I'll try to post an update on ikobo when they FIX the d*** blocked account problem, if they ever fix it... but as for now... I'm looking for another alternative... if you found ONE... I would be really interested of knowing it.

regards.

Hmm, that sounds pretty bad indeed. I suppose I should be more careful from now on... but so far I've never experienced any problems with my account being blocked or anything. I hope ikobo won't decide to freeze my account as well!

That's bad indeed but my honest opinion is that this Genetic guy has only posted here just to get his money for bad advertising. You know what I mean ... he is paid buy ikobo's adversary in this continuously growing market.

I know that ikobo (like any other payment system I might add) had its shares of problems but this is too obvious. Come on man.... give us a break. I know people who have been with ikobo for more than 3 years and they never had their accounts blocked. Just my cent...

I don't know what his reasons are, but you are right about one thing, problems are everywhere with every service. There's no need to extend them to the entire service. Since I haven't had problems, others haven't had them, I suppose Genetic Wolf's are somewhat isolated problems, of course that doesn't make it better...

I suggest him to use paypal. This way his account won't be blocked but wiped out of his money. Many people are complaining about those hackers who try and succeed very often to empty their paypal accounts. :eek:

Yeah, I think you're exposed to even more risks with paypal since it's targeted by hackers more often than the other services.
Bottom line is that you aren't safe anywhere, you're just going to have to take some chances on this. In my case ikobo seemed and seems to be working, for you it wasn't so good... it's a risky business. :p

blaine said:
Yeah, I think you're exposed to even more risks with paypal since it's targeted by hackers more often than the other services.
Bottom line is that you aren't safe anywhere, you're just going to have to take some chances on this. In my case ikobo seemed and seems to be working, for you it wasn't so good... it's a risky business. :p

Risky business indeed. After all, being so popular has many disadvantages and not only advantages. Paypal is very popular online payment service but at the same tame is the most hacked system as well. So, one should think twice before using such a system. Just my 2 c

Oh, paypal... don't get me started on paypal. The Internet is practically filled with reports about losing money with paypal (mostly because of phising) as well as loads of fake "account validation" e-mail, resulting in the theft of the user's personal information and so on and so forth. I think it's better to go with something less known than paypal, something such as ikobo or 2checkout and avoid all these problems.