moving and accomadation

Vishwanand

Registered Users (C)
Hi Iam planning to move my stuff from ny westchester to toroto. 1)Can someone recommend an inexpensive moving truck rental?

2)I am also thinking of staying at sunnynewcomer.com can i give that address to apply for drivers license and sin card?

3)Should i say i am staying with a friend or at the hotel?

4)would this hotel forward my mail promptly?

thanks

Vishwanand

Thanks

Thanks again Ray You wouldn't happen to know anything about the moving trucks now would you?

Vishwanand

Regarding the moving truck the best option will be U-Haul, one of my friend moved from Edision NJ to Toronto, for U-Haul one way, (NJ to Toronto) he paid $ 600 and left the U-haul in Toronto, he packed his 2 Bedroom apartment Stuff and at time of landing no problem with one way U-haul.

I hope NYC has a train for Toronto, you can also check with them, I think Amtrak from Penn or Grand Central.
Good Luck!

Thanks

Thanks Avtaar But I checked with Uhaul before. The amount came to around $1000 for ny to toronto for one bedroom. Maybe I am missing something?

Vishwanand

I am also moving soon

Vishwanand,I am also moving within couple of weeks.Please send me your contact info there.

contact info?

I dont understand the question. I am planning to stay at a hotel there. I can give that info if you need.

Vishwanand

finding an apartment

Does anyone have any experience getting an apartment. I am also planning on moving later this year and I am not sure how to get an apartment without a job. The places I called over the phone all suggested that I should have a job and a good credit history to get an apartment.
Thanks for your reply.

Accomodation

I have a temporary accomodation in Toronto.I am planning to stay with a friend there.Please contact me at rajmahadev@hotmail.com

In case if something comes up I will let you guys know.You always have an option of staying at Jenny's place initially as Ray suggested.The rent she charges is around $680 for a month

Dear Raj009,RAJ5 and Vishwanand.

Raj thank you for extending the help to Vishvnath or Raj5, I hope we should help each other and who land in Canada should help others who plan to land, Please keep helping each other.

Oce you land you can go to Indian stores on friday, saturday , Toronto has many Indian news papers at stores and are free papers they are full of advertisements for Indians, you can also find many advt for Accomodation available, Many Indians want to rent the basement for about CDN 400 to 500, it is not a bad idea to stay in badement for 4-5 months till you find good ammodation,because these Basements owners normaly do not ask that you should have JOB to get the basement on rent, they ayr only intrested in rent. Mississauga, Brampton ,Malton has many houses and basements.

Yeah thats the one

Jenny's place is same as the SunnyNewcommer.Her contact number is 416 - 833 - 6915

for rental truck, try PENSKE/RYDER

they do not allow one way drop off in Canada but they are much cheaper than UHAUL. also Penske has unlimited mileage.

The only problem is that you have to come back to US to drop the truck but it may be worth, if you save on the truck rentals.

hope that helps!

Thank you Desi@usa

Does anyone know what kind of list should we provide to the customs when we go there? Is there a preferred format? How detail should the list be? Does anyone have an acceptable sample?

Thanks

Vishwanand