Motion to reopen I-485 after denial, Can I work ?

I Filed MTR on June 4, 2008

Please let me know - how long will it take for 485 to go back in PENDING status - right now it has same OLD denied msg

485 status: still in DENIED status
140- Approved status - letter I rcvd said denied

18 days

18 days from the time MTR was filed to 485 changing from denied to pending.
Good luck..

I now have an RFE on the 485. Not sure what it is about. Have to wait for the letter. Just got the email.

It is strange they told you to go on unpaid leave. I think you could work. Also, even if you actually work illegally up to 180 days (which should not have been the case), you can still do AOS under 245(k).

Hi guys,

I have a similar story.

I was with a company for 5 years. Then according to AC21 (after more than 180 days) I mobed to a new company. I sent a Portability Letter to USCIS letting them know of the change of sponsors.

However, my old company withdrew I-140 on May 14, 2008.

USCIS denied I-485 on May 17, 2008 based on the withdrawal of I-140 without taking into account AC21 and the Portability Letter I sent.

My lawyer submitted Motion to Reopen and USCIS got it on June 6, 2008.

My I-485 is still in Denied status. My case is at the Texas Service Center and I think that they are slower than the rest of the centers. I'll let everybody know if I get some news on my case.

My lawyer told me that technically I am in violation of the law if I work. But Raevsky is right about the 245(k) provision.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Kindly help

Actually my I-140 -Eb2 denied much before filing I-485. Later we filed I-140 EB3 before filing I-485. Later filed I-485 with EB3 reference.

Now USCIS denied my I-485 as they matched to my denied I-140- EB2.

Could you please let me know these details?
- What form should I use for Motion to Reopen
- What is the fee amount
I understand a little on processing time.

thanks,
Reddyanji

I290B, $585 (Check the USCIS website for accuracy). You may want to consider using an attorney.