Montreal Interview Tracker -- Part DeuX [Ara2000, AttaBoy, CDN_CPER, Dongky, Enduring, GC Indian, Ja

please Help me im very confused

Dear fallows my case i-824 has been approved so i am very happy MY QUESTION IS AFTER HOW MUCH TIME I RECEIVED PACkeT 3 OR I RECEIVED IT IN USA OR IN MY NATIV COUNTRY AND MY OTHER NEXT QUESTION IS IF I-130 HAS BEEN APPROVED AFTER HOW MOUCh tIME TAKE THIS CASE AND WHEN MY BROTHER RECEIVED PACKET 3 AND MY I-130 WAS APPROVED ON 1st WEEK OF JUNE ,2005 and what is in packet 3 and packet 3.5

EB-2 question

Hi all. I need your help.

My Labor Certification Application has been approved and I am moving to step 2, the I-140 (I am currently on H1-B visa).

M lawyer sent me an e-mail asking to decide how I would like to process the final stage of my permanent residence application by selecting either Consular Processing Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing, e.g.:

Method 1: Submit a Petition for an Alien Worker (Form I-140) together with your application for Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) with the appropriate USCIS Service Center in the U.S.

The lawyer gave me the estimation time for this method is up to 8 months to 1 year to complete.

Method 2: Submit a Petition for an Alien Worker (Form I-140) to the appropriate USCIS Service Center in the U.S. Once this application is successfully adjudicated, the applicant can proceed with Consular Processing.

The estimation time for this method 2 (again, given by the layer) is up to 1.5 years to complete.

I know that the method 2 will take less time that the method 1.

My question: what method is faster?

I am Canadian citizen (Ukrainian born) and if I will go with method 2, I will go to the interview to Montreal Consulate.

How fast the method 2 can be in Montreal Consulate?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth certificate question?

For people like me in our country, we did not have birth certificate when we were born 30 years ago. We only have the nortorized birth certificate before we came to the U.S. In P3, the NVC ask for original BC, what should we do?

Is there anybody with the similiar case like me?

Thanks a lot

hi i am new to this forum, nobody is posting here now a days pls gurus pls
recently got my US GC wife is a canadian PR, can i file i-824 at montreal consulate, Guru's pls help.

my wife has a job in a good s/w firm on a contract for a yr, can i delay in filing the 824 shall i apply it now since they r just procesing jan 2007 for i-824, it will take the same time.

Is the 6 mnths rule apply (cant be out of US more than 6 mnths) i am planning to go to canada be with wife.
thanks in advance

Not sure how many times this thread gets looked at but I have an interesting one..

Wife (USC) and I (Canadian) live in Canada.. applied through US Consulate in Montreal.. I-130 approved, DS-230 info sent, and then today we received a letter dated Oct 12th saying that the interview was scheduled for Oct 23rd.. uhhhh yah.. I appreciate the timeline but there is no way I can get a medical done before Tuesday.. In any case.. we wrote back to the consulate and asked for a reschedule.. I hope this doesn't cause any problems or delays.. I already have a medical scheduled for next Thursday and I stated that in the E-mail.. Anyone else heard of this happening??

Interview in Montreal

Yes, please post your interview experience ! No one else scheduled for an interview ? We are waiting to get an interview in EB-3 ROW with PD 02/06, but I guess we still have lots of time till then.....

Please

Yes Please keep this forum going...

Anybody who had an interview recently, please update us with details......

This thread has been the only source for me to gather info on Motreal interviews...

CP in montreal

I am almost in the same situation. my PD was Dec 2003 which is current now. I am living in Canada. My I140 approved 2 years ago. I am waitin for CP. How long you think it may take to I go for interview?

I'd also like to hear about any recent experiences at Montreal for CP. My I-140 just got approved and I'd like to find out what I need to do next and what I should expect. I heard you can get everything done in Montreal (police certificates, medical exams, etc...) a couple of days before the interview. Is this correct?

I'm Canadian, on EB-2, and my priority date is current. When do you think my interview date will be?

Thanks

Bigboy101,

Couple of questions for you..

What is your PD ?
When did your I-140 got approved ?
When did you PD become current ?

If Montreal consulate is not backed up you should get an interview in two months after NVC completes processing your case and your PD becomes current. This is according to applicants posted on this forum. However, that was couple of years ago.

If your I-140 got approved and your PD is current you should get ready to file packet 3. Go through older post of this forum, there are a lot of information about packet 3. You have to wait for NVC to initiate the fee bill request and packet 3. Only after you complete these steps you would be inline for the final step which is the interview.

Depending on the PCC they request (either a local PCC or RCMP PCC) it can take some time. RCMP PCC take like two months, local ones are over the counter most of the time.

Medicals can be done in montreal on the same day I think.

I got all the information I need from this forum.

I'd also like to hear about any recent experiences at Montreal for CP. My I-140 just got approved and I'd like to find out what I need to do next and what I should expect. I heard you can get everything done in Montreal (police certificates, medical exams, etc...) a couple of days before the interview. Is this correct?

I'm Canadian, on EB-2, and my priority date is current. When do you think my interview date will be?

Thanks

Andre Rom & Moosh please give us an idea how long it took you guys to get the interview AFTER your PD became current.

MY PD is not current yet, I am just trying to get an idea.

Thanks

Lets get this forum going again.......:D:D:D

hi RandyK

Thanks for the info

My PD (I-140) is July 2007
My I-140 got approved Mar 31, 2008
Since I am EB-2 (Canada), my priority date has always been current so I think I can file packet 3 immediately. Is that correct?

Bigboy101,

Couple of questions for you..

What is your PD ?
When did your I-140 got approved ?
When did you PD become current ?

If Montreal consulate is not backed up you should get an interview in two months after NVC completes processing your case and your PD becomes current. This is according to applicants posted on this forum. However, that was couple of years ago.

If your I-140 got approved and your PD is current you should get ready to file packet 3. Go through older post of this forum, there are a lot of information about packet 3. You have to wait for NVC to initiate the fee bill request and packet 3. Only after you complete these steps you would be inline for the final step which is the interview.

Depending on the PCC they request (either a local PCC or RCMP PCC) it can take some time. RCMP PCC take like two months, local ones are over the counter most of the time.

Medicals can be done in montreal on the same day I think.

I got all the information I need from this forum.

When your I-140 is approved it goes to NVC and NVC creates case number and send your lawyer the fee bill, after you pay the fees NVC will send you packet 3 (they have to send this to you).

I would call NVC and follow up with them on each step of the way. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks for USCIS to send the I-140 to NVC and NVC to add your case to their system.

These are the steps you will have to go through (I copied these from the first page on this forum).

PK3-YOU: NVC sent Packet 3 to you.
PK3-STL: You sent Packet 3 to St. Louis.
STL-NVC: St. Louis sent case to NVC.
NVC-REV: NVC Review complete
PK4-YOU: Packet 4 received by you.
INT-MTL: Interview date.
POEDATE: Date of entry.
CRD-RCV: Plastic card(s) received

hi RandyK

Thanks for the info

My PD (I-140) is July 2007
My I-140 got approved Mar 31, 2008
Since I am EB-2 (Canada), my priority date has always been current so I think I can file packet 3 immediately. Is that correct?

Randik>
I note everything in my signature, I don't know what PD stands for.

Update

I called NVC yesterday and the operator told me that the interview will be on June 5th 2008 in the morning and that the invitation letters are in the mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
PD is Priority Date.

Randik>
I note everything in my signature, I don't know what PD stands for.

Update

I called NVC yesterday and the operator told me that the interview will be on June 5th 2008 in the morning and that the invitation letters are in the mail.

My PD has become current about 5 months ago (EB3). I am living in Canada now and waiting for CP. I did not receive any package from NVC. I called my lawyer office last week and talked to my case worker to find out what is going on. I received an email from my case worker yesterday which is as follow:

“The NVC, just replied to my emails, stating that they do not have the record of your case and requesting us to contact the USCIS, and request from them, the transfer of your record to the Visa Center, for visa processing. After contacting the USCIS, we found out that the only request available to process your case, is to fill out a form called NOTICE OF ACTION, providing to USCIS with the necessary documents to transfer the case to the NVC. To
process a "notice of action", it is required to pay a fee of $340.00 payable to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security" plus $350.00 which is attorney fee.”

I would appreciate if anybody helps me in this matter. Is this a regular thing or is just happened in my case. Do I have to pay these fees or there is any other way to solve this problem.
Thank you

My family and I were interviewed in June at Montreal Consulate for immigrant visa and were told that my case has been approved but officer needed time to complete the administrative process. He promised to mail the visa package within three weeks. When I asked officer if I can get the visa package today, he looked at the time clock and said no, he wouldn't be able to complete the administrative process today. It was my mistake I didn't offer to pick up the visa package next day.
It's been two months and I am still waiting for my visa Package. When I was interviewed, my EB3 category was current but from next month, it changed to unavailable. I sent couple of emails to consulate and they said they don't know how long the administrative process will take to complete.
Now I am wondering whether the delay is due to the unavailability of visas, or name check (administrative process) or something else. If somebody went through the same process, please share your experience with me and let me know when I will be expecting my visa package.