• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

mistake in initial entry

dodoXX

Hello,

I need some urgent advice as time is running out on me. I entered for the DV lottery last year immediately after finishing my final exams in the university. There, i indicated the university degree as the highest level of education, because i was through with school but still awaiting results. I didn't envisage i'd encounter any problem. Only for results to be released afterward, and saw that i had to retake some courses, thereby missing last year graduation.

Just last week, i got the NL from KCC that i was a winner of the lottery. Now, i am filling out the forms sent, but with a problem. What should i now fill in the highest degree attained? Although, initially i entered the lottery with university degree, which i hope to complete by July, it seems there would be conflicts of dates on the documents i would be submitting at the time of interview.

Is it possible to change such data, telling Kentucky Consular Center of the problem, and marking that the university degree is in view?
Someone told me the KCC officers dont edit or change data for security reasons, is this true? If i continue with this process, i fear it may pose some problems in future or probably an automatic disqualification.

Please, your advice, either experienced or not is urgently needed and welcomed.

Regards,

P.S:

I have the required minimum education of the high school diploma

U could write kcc about the problem and they will have it fixed for u.
That is an understandable issue u can even explain convincingly at your interview.
Just write kcc about it.

dodoxx,
This is a complex issue. Writing to KCC will result automatic disqualification. Page 5 Item 12 of DV2008 entering instructions clearly refers to the various qualifying indexes:
(1) Primary School only
(2) High School, No Degree
(3) High School Degree
(4) Vocational School
(5) Some Universities Courses -- This is where you belong & not No. 6
(6) University Degree
(7) Some Graduate Level Courses
(8) Master Degree
(9) Some Doctorate Level Courses
(10) Doctorate Degree

The KCC & Consular Offices will be ruthless on this issue. I perceived this becoming an issue while assisting many during the last DV2008 submission. The way forward I think is if you can iron this out with your HOD so that they should give you a waiver or mop-up exam on the course you are to repeat. Seek their assistance as you arm yourself with your Notification Letter from KCC if somebody can pity you & render some assistance. If you have indicated some university courses as it suppose to be, this problem wouldn't have been. All the same, pray that God will intervain on your behalf.

Regards!

Soken02000

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this is not a big mistake that will eleminate you from the winning position. You should fill the forms correctly now. Once KCC will receive your forms they will edit your case files, but due to understandable security reasons they dont have a permission to change original entry.
You dont need to worry, if you want you can call them just to be relaxed..

Hello,

I need some urgent advice as time is running out on me. I entered for the DV lottery last year immediately after finishing my final exams in the university. There, i indicated the university degree as the highest level of education, because i was through with school but still awaiting results. I didn't envisage i'd encounter any problem. Only for results to be released afterward, and saw that i had to retake some courses, thereby missing last year graduation.

Just last week, i got the NL from KCC that i was a winner of the lottery. Now, i am filling out the forms sent, but with a problem. What should i now fill in the highest degree attained? Although, initially i entered the lottery with university degree, which i hope to complete by July, it seems there would be conflicts of dates on the documents i would be submitting at the time of interview.

Is it possible to change such data, telling Kentucky Consular Center of the problem, and marking that the university degree is in view?
Someone told me the KCC officers dont edit or change data for security reasons, is this true? If i continue with this process, i fear it may pose some problems in future or probably an automatic disqualification.

Regards,

P.S:

Hello,

Regards,

P.S:

Dear dodoXX

the required education level for taking part in LOTTERY is high scool diploma(as u know) and higher education can be a plus but it is not the reason/pre condition of ur being selected, so if i were u i call/email KCC asap and tell them the whole story, u can take a look at this thread :http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=246253
it's about the mistakes in original/online entry and the solutions as well.
hope it helps
good luck

thanks for your reply

Thanks all for your reply. gr8ideaman, your reply and the attached link was really helpful. Although i have already made the correction in the forms sent in, i also attached a letter informing them of the problem. I guess what i need to do now is to send an email as you have earlier suggested in the link and document their reply for the purpose of the interview.

I also intend calling them in about five days time to know their decision. I'll communicate all these to you guys so that people having similar situation in future can learn from this.

Thanks again for your advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem

Thanks all for your reply. gr8ideaman, your reply and the attached link was really helpful. Although i have already made the correction in the forms sent in, i also attached a letter informing them of the problem. I guess what i need to do now is to send an email as you have earlier suggested in the link and document their reply for the purpose of the interview.

I also intend calling them in about five days time to know their decision. I'll communicate all these to you guys so that people having similar situation in future can learn from this.

Actually, this is not a problem at all. Just relax. KCC will take no action about it and if the consular officer asks, just explain that you had to retake some courses= no big deal.
By the way, you should have graduated by the time your interview comes up.:D

dodoxx,
after conversation with KCC could you please tell us what they say and their reaction..?
good luck