1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Misspelled Last Name on VISA(Very Urgent)

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by seshuthope, May 25, 2004.

1. seshuthope

seshuthope New Member

My mother got 10 year multiple entry visa. But Last name on the visa is spelled wrongly(Instead of E it is showing U). They are schedule to come on 7th of June. Will it create problem at port of entry?. Please help.
  2. sselva69

sselva69 Registered Users (C)

Try to get the lastname corrected on the visa before departing.
  3. sudhashankar

sudhashankar Registered Users (C)

Not to worry

I dont think you need to worry. Same thing happened on my father's visa 2 months back. The visa had firstname + lastname under lastname and firstname said FNU meaning FIRST NAME UNKNOWN. They wrote an email to the US Consulate and they replied saying it should not be a problem for travelling. My parents are here in the US and no problem at the port of entry
  4. talkative

talkative Registered Users (C)

I guess you may want to play it safe and get it fixed if there will be a future GC application etc. It's messy enough as it is, why complicate things.. Can't they request the correction by mail?

I once heard of somebody whose airline was being fussy because name on the airticket didn't match the name on passport..
  5. tprasad

tprasad Registered Users (C)

pls reply

hi friends,can u pls let me know if u know answer to this ...

actually in my passport
    my complete name is under given name,no surname
    i.e
    surname:blank
    given name:xxx yyy

but i got the visa(H1B)
    in visa it is like this

surname:xxx yyy
    given name:FNU

FNU-means first name Unknown ,so pls let me know will there be any

problem wt the port of entry ..if not how should i proceed in future

after stepping into us(filling I-94,SSForm etc..) ...how should i refer with passport name/visa

name

thanks