Missing Document at Interview time.. Please help...!!!

seema84

Registered Users (C)
I am confused and need help with my Citizenship process. I had interview on May 31 2011, The interview was good and I passed my test, but at the end of the interview IO asked me for my Tax documents and I gave her all last three years tax forms but then she asked for W2 which I didn’t bring with me at interview time because when I got the Pre-interview Case file Review notice (Yellow paper) they asked me to bring Form 1722 or the income tax forms filed for the past three years. So I thought I don’t need all my attached tax documents they required only last three years forms:

So at the end of the interview she gave me N-652 form with checked on:

- I passed my test,

- CIS will send you a written decision about your application and

- B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

She told me we will review this again and we will ask for more documents so wait for my notice and make sure you send those documents on time.

She was looking really strict so I didn’t ask her to many question about what documents she needed and how long this process will take, and I am also afraid to send her my W2 or Tax documents directly without her notice because I don’t want to mess this up again.

So I been waiting since last 2 months but no letter yet?

So my questions are:

- How long it will take to get required documents notice?

- Do I need to go again for interview or Test? (I already passed my test)

- Should I send her W2 and Tax documents directly or should I wait for her notice?

- How long it will take to get Oath after I send them required documents?

- I already got my Tax Return Transcript from IRS for last three years so do I still need to send W2 next time?

Guys please help I will let you know as soon as I get notice from them but I have all the documents ready and its really frustrating to wait for no reason.

I am confused and need help with my Citizenship process. I had interview on May 31 2011, The interview was good and I passed my test, but at the end of the interview IO asked me for my Tax documents and I gave her all last three years tax forms but then she asked for W2 which I didn’t bring with me at interview time because when I got the Pre-interview Case file Review notice (Yellow paper) they asked me to bring Form 1722 or the income tax forms filed for the past three years. So I thought I don’t need all my attached tax documents they required only last three years forms:

So at the end of the interview she gave me N-652 form with checked on:

- I passed my test,

She told me we will review this again and we will ask for more documents so wait for my notice and make sure you send those documents on time.

She was looking really strict so I didn’t ask her to many question about what documents she needed and how long this process will take, and I am also afraid to send her my W2 or Tax documents directly without her notice because I don’t want to mess this up again.

So I been waiting since last 2 months but no letter yet?

So my questions are:

- How long it will take to get required documents notice?

- Do I need to go again for interview or Test? (I already passed my test)

- Should I send her W2 and Tax documents directly or should I wait for her notice?

- How long it will take to get Oath after I send them required documents?

- I already got my Tax Return Transcript from IRS for last three years so do I still need to send W2 next time?

Guys please help I will let you know as soon as I get notice from them but I have all the documents ready and its really frustrating to wait for no reason.

This is United States of America. The interviewer is a public servant and you pay her salary. Unless you did something wrong there is no reason for you to be intimidated. You could have asked her what exactly is required to make your application complete.

In most cases (as reported by other Naturalization applicants) , what USCIS asks is the transcript of tax returns that you can request and get from IRS.
Just put together all the paperwork and wait for RFE to send it out.

USCIS has until 120 days to act and make decision on your case after the interview.
It's been 2 months since your interview so , if you want and if total time your case was pending is beyond posted case processing time for your DO, you may try an email case inquiry online (sometimes they forget about pending cases and case inquiry brings it back to the work-line).
After 120 days (the first week of October 2011) you can file WOM via Court and request the decision to be made.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT A LAWYER. For legal advise or consultation contact a practicing immigration attorney in good standing. Good luck.

Thanks you so much for your reply.. i will update as soon as i heard anything from them.. thanks

Thanks you so much for your reply.. i will update as soon as i heard anything from them.. thanks

Was your N-400 application based on 3 years of marriage to a U.S. citizen?
Or was it based on being an LPR for 5 years?

Sorry for late reply, Yes it was for N400 (Chicago Office) and 3 year of marriage to U.S citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Received letter of my Inquiry after 25 days (Waiting time after interview is 94 days now)

I called the 800-375-5283 number before 25 days ago and they said they will investigate and let me know, they gave me REF number for that, so now i have received letter for my inquiry: Here what is says

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 08/12/2011 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case,. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the follow:

And it was all information regarding my case: in Type of service requested it says : Non - Delivery of RFE Notice

The status of this service request is:

Based on your request we researched the status of this case. We are actively processing the case. However, we have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice for action from us within 6 months of this letter. Please contact customer service at the number below.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now i am more confuse that if they really need some missing documents why are they taking that long time to send me required document letter?

Do you guys think is it something else? as i have common name and because of that i had issue at VISA time they put my case for 4 month of hold for NAME CHECK and then they gave me visa. (I remember i had to contact FBI and some other department at that time for my case status so do i need to contact any where else to see is it really a NAME CHECK issue?)

So how can i find out what's going on and how long its going to take.

From my Interview now its 94 days of waiting.

Is any one had the same issue like me so please share your experience as it looks like my case is not going any where for no reason.

Please some one help and let me know what should i do?

It could be that your name check in taking longer. You might have to consider taking legal action as the 120 day after interview limit is reached.

Do any one know where can i contact for Name Check process status check???,

How long Name Check process normally takes when applying for Citizenship?

Do any one know where can i contact for Name Check process status check???,

How long Name Check process normally takes when applying for Citizenship?

If you already had an interview, it is extremely unlikely that your case is delayed by an FBI Name Check. As a matter of policy, USCIS does not schedule an N-400 interview until the Name Check has been completed (although on rare occasions they do, by mistake).

Based on the wording "Non - Delivery of RFE Notice" it looks possible they mailed you a request for additional information after the interview which for some reason was not delivered (maybe they sent it to the wrong address or something).
Or it could mean that they did not receive the stuff that you mailed them after the interview.

Schedule an INFOPASS appointment right away and talk to somebody there in person - you'll find out what happened.

120 days from Interview date now... Still waiting

Ok so i called 0800 number at mid September and they are giving me same answers as always, i told them its now more then 90 days since my Interview was done i need some answers so they forward my call to Level 2 support team that they called "Personal Customer Service" i think, It looks like similar to "Info-pass" may be but this is on the phone.

So i spoke to one of the lady at Level 2 and she asked my details and took 1 minutes to check and then she told me there is nothing wrong with your application its just your case is "still pending for review", I asked her its a name check or do you guys required any document? and she told me there is nothing wrong with your case but CIS still need to review your case. i told her its been around 100 days and she said wait couple of more weeks as it might take 90 to 120 days and you should get some response by end of the Sep.

I waited till end of the Sep and no responce then i called again and they forward me to Level 2 then spoke with other lady and she told me the same thing that "Still Pending for Review" and wait for couple of more weeks till mid Oct. Today its 120 days from my Interview date and I dont know what to do now?

Is the normal time for Reviewing the case has been extended more then 120 days now? or it just my case?

By doing some research some people advised me to send them legal notice throw lowyer but it must be so expensive and i cant afford higher fees to do that then some told me to send "DHS 7001" OMBUDSMAN service which i am not sure how to do that.

So please advice what should i do after 120 days of waiting after my Interview?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my process time: - 120 days Today

Application sent for N400 - 15 Feb 2011
Interview date - 31 May 2011

Got N-652 with this on Interview day:

- I passed my test,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so i called 0800 number at mid September and they are giving me same answers as always, i told them its now more then 90 days since my Interview was done i need some answers so they forward my call to Level 2 support team that they called "Personal Customer Service" i think, It looks like similar to "Info-pass" may be but this is on the phone.

So i spoke to one of the lady at Level 2 and she asked my details and took 1 minutes to check and then she told me there is nothing wrong with your application its just your case is "still pending for review", I asked her its a name check or do you guys required any document? and she told me there is nothing wrong with your case but CIS still need to review your case. i told her its been around 100 days and she said wait couple of more weeks as it might take 90 to 120 days and you should get some response by end of the Sep.

I waited till end of the Sep and no responce then i called again and they forward me to Level 2 then spoke with other lady and she told me the same thing that "Still Pending for Review" and wait for couple of more weeks till mid Oct. Today its 120 days from my Interview date and I dont know what to do now?

Is the normal time for Reviewing the case has been extended more then 120 days now? or it just my case?

By doing some research some people advised me to send them legal notice throw lowyer but it must be so expensive and i cant afford higher fees to do that then some told me to send "DHS 7001" OMBUDSMAN service which i am not sure how to do that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- I passed my test,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Still Pending for Review" is a typical bullshit USCIS non-answer.
Do not wait for longer and schedule an INFOPASS appointment now.
An INFOPASS appointment takes place at the same local office where you had your interview and where your file is physically located. It is more likely that you will get a more substantive response this way compared to a phone inquiry.

Also, contact the Congress members (both U.S. senators for your state and the U.S. House of Representative member for your area) and ask them for help. They all have websites with instructions how to do that and asking them for help is free.
You also could contact the USCIS Ombudsman - also free but takes longer to get a response.
See http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/editorial_0497.shtm for instructions how to do that.

- I passed my test,

hi seema84

please share your progress (if any) and your next steps... I'm just like you (almost the same time frame) getting close to the 120 days (with is exactly in 8 days). i haven't got any email or mail from them... so please share your experience and thoughts during this time

hi seema84

please share your progress (if any) and your next steps... I'm just like you (almost the same time frame) getting close to the 120 days (with is exactly in 8 days). i haven't got any email or mail from them... so please share your experience and thoughts during this time

neway: I did the InfoPass, when you go there they have other officer who can check your case as your file is located at there. They asked me to fill out small form with all the information and officer asked me the reason for the infopass, i told him its been 120 days since my interview date and i havent heard anything yet, he said this is way out of our normal case time frame and then he asked me for all document i gave him the letter which i got from interview date with other documents, and he told me that IO who took my interview dont work in citizen department anymore and that could be the reason for delay. He told me your case has not been reviewed yet (that means no one touch my case since Interview date) , He asked me did IO asked for anything at interview time and i said she didnt say anything but when she asked for my W2 i didnt have that time, i brought all my last three years transcript with me at Infopass time so i gave him all and he attached that with form that i filled at beginning,

then he told me sorry for delay and he said he will talk to his manager and ask him to give my case to some other Officer and i should get response in 30 to 45 days,

So in my case it looks like they didnt even touch my case till now, i hope they give my case to some one else and i will get some response in 30 days.

I think you should do InfoPass that will help you to know what's going on with your case. When you go there make sure you have all the documents with you and dont take it easy just ask them why you not getting any response yet? and if that dosent work then try Ombudsman process.

neway: I did the InfoPass, when you go there they have other officer who can check your case as your file is located at there. They asked me to fill out small form with all the information and officer asked me the reason for the infopass, i told him its been 120 days since my interview date and i havent heard anything yet, he said this is way out of our normal case time frame and then he asked me for all document i gave him the letter which i got from interview date with other documents, and he told me that IO who took my interview dont work in citizen department anymore and that could be the reason for delay. He told me your case has not been reviewed yet (that means no one touch my case since Interview date) , He asked me did IO asked for anything at interview time and i said she didnt say anything but when she asked for my W2 i didnt have that time, i brought all my last three years transcript with me at Infopass time so i gave him all and he attached that with form that i filled at beginning,

then he told me sorry for delay and he said he will talk to his manager and ask him to give my case to some other Officer and i should get response in 30 to 45 days,

So in my case it looks like they didnt even touch my case till now, i hope they give my case to some one else and i will get some response in 30 days.

I think you should do InfoPass that will help you to know what's going on with your case. When you go there make sure you have all the documents with you and dont take it easy just ask them why you not getting any response yet? and if that dosent work then try Ombudsman process.

Thanks seema84,

my lawyer schedule for us the info pass so I'm waiting for it now.. my lawyer will bring with her copy of the file that we submitted (and I'm thinking of bringing a copy my self with new mail/documents that i have since then..) and i hope it will bring the results i have been waiting for 4 month.

obviously I'm very nervous for this appointment...

No Response yet

Nothing yet, will wait till End of this month as they asked me at INFO pass time.

Online Status changed to "Request for Evidence" after N-400 Interview

This is after my second INFO PASS appointment, its been now 6 month since i had my interview (31 May 2011)

I applied for Ombudsman - Case Assistance on Oct 30 2011, didnt get any response from Ombudman yet but here what's happening after my second INFO PASS appointment, I am not sure its because Ombudsman or my second INFO PASS appointment.

I talked to the same guy that i spoke before at my first INFO PASS appointment, he told me the same thing like before that i will talk to my supervisor and you should wait for while for that and i asked him that i want to talk to supervisor now and he said he is in meeting i told him i will wait until i see supervisor, i waited for 30 minutes and he talked to some other guys working with him and called me at his window, he told me i will bring your file and make sure to give it to supervisor you dont need to wait for him here today, then i left. After two days i checked my online status and its changed to "request for evidence" and it says this.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Request for Evidence

On November 18, 2011, we mailed a notice requesting initial evidence in this case. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the evidence requested. Meanwhile, processing of this case is on hold until we either receive the evidence or the opportunity to submit it expires. Once you submit the evidence requested and a decision is made, you will be notified by mail. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not sure what kind of documents they will need it again but i already ordered my TAX transcripts online from IRS which i should get in 5 to 10 days. So do i need to send my W2 or any other tax form with those or last three years TAX Transcript will be OK?

The other question i have is:

Should I drive at USCIS office and drop those required documents or should i Post them?

Is any one had to deal with RFE before after N400 interview and how did you deal with that?

Is any one know how long it will take after i submit those documents? Do i need to worry about anything at this stage :(?

Thanks

I am not sure what kind of documents they will need it again but i already ordered my TAX transcripts online from IRS which i should get in 5 to 10 days. So do i need to send my W2 or any other tax form with those or last three years TAX Transcript will be OK?

Nobody here is a clairvoyant. We can't know what exactly is requested in the RFE notice until you actually receive it.
So wait until the RFE notice actually arrives - then you will know what exactly they want and what documents you need to get.

The other question i have is:

Should I drive at USCIS office and drop those required documents or should i Post them?

If possible, I'd mail them via some sort of service providing delivery confirmation, such as Express Mail or FedEx. This way you will have proof that you actually mailed something to them. If you simply drop off the documents in person, you will not have such proof - and given internal bureaucratic quagmire that your local DO appears to be, there will be no guarantee that the documents dropped in person will go to the right officer.

Is any one know how long it will take after i submit those documents? Do i need to worry about anything at this stage :(?
Could be a few weeks, could be several months or even longer - it all depends on the DO and on the officer(s) handling the case.

Did you contact the CIS Ombudsman? Did you contact the members of Congress such as the U.S. Senators for your state
and the U.S. House of Representatives member for your area?

It seems clear that your case fell into a bureaucratic sink-hole, since the IO who originally interviewed you no longer works there and the file languished without being assigned to a new officer for a long time. This is exactly the sort of situation where external intervention, such as a congressional inquiry, may be helpful.