misdemeanor charge and impact on H1/Education/Green Card

nicedude1504

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Last year i did a stupid thing and charged for misdemeanor crime in Arizona. It was related to Public sexual exposure and got 1 year of unsupervised probabtion and conselling with no fine. After compeleting my conselling and wating for few months before compeleting the probabtion we were able to make my conviction set-aside and dismissed. It is similar to expungement but in arizona it is called set-aside and case would be dismissed though it would show in ur bacjground check (as set-aside and dimissed).

MY biggest worry is how is it going to impact my job and Green gard. I haven't applied for Green yet but want to apply as soon as possible. Currently i am working on a pretty good job and they want to make me permanent but during that process they would go for background check. I am unable to sleep most of the time abd bit worried. I have three questions below.

1. Could companies reject my employement after background check?. and how will it impact my job opportunites?.

2. If I apply for Green Card, would it be denied?. If yes what are my chances to get the green card?. Would waiver application help in this regard?.

3. Is there any possibility that i could be put into removal proceeding once USCIS come to know abt my conviction during background check?.

4. I am preparing for GMAT and want to do MBA here. Will it impact the education?.

Thanx and any help/response in this case will be greatly appreciated.

Rishab

One thing I know is that it will not impact your education. You can always joing a university and do your program. Universities do not do background check, like employers. About others things, I don't know.

Clm_Ramee