Misc. OCI Application Questions

Well, I think the issue is that they care about the Indian sizes and not the US sizes, which is justified b/c it is for the Indian OCI :)

But, it just makes it painful for those of us in the US.

Also, another inconsistency -- on the form, where you paste the picture, it says Paste 35x35 mm picture here and on the instructions, it says *no less than 35x35mm*, which are two different things.

Ah well, joys of dealing with any government organization (seems much better than the N-400 app!). Glad this forum is here for all of us to help each other through it.

^ But it's for OVERSEAS Indians. Not those in India. I'm assuming the vast majority of passports require the same sized picture.

Good point! I wonder if we can change that -- maybe by writing to someone or asking them to read this forum!

I was a bit surprised to see this disclaimer on the home page of CGI New York website (bold formatting done by me to highlight):

"Disclaimer: Consulate General of India, New York does not guarantee the accuracy and assumes no responsibility for the use of information available at this World Wide Web (WWW) site. Links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views contained therein."

I just got my photos taken in the following way -

Went to a craft store (or you can find this in walmart too) and bought a couple of large sheets of light blue chart paper (52 cents each, and were approx 2 feet x 2-1/2 feet in size).
Took them with a roll of tape to the photographer and taped them to his white background sheet.
As for the size of the photo, his camera had the markings for a normal US passport size photo, in which the head is supposed to be 1-3/8 inch from top to chin. So I requested her to zoom out a little so that the top of my shoulders also fit within that 1-3/8 inch. And if you do a little math, 1-3/8 inch = 34.92 mm.

Now I just need to cut it down to size, because the photographer could only cut it down to 2inch x 2inch.

Oh, and be careful taking the tape on those sheets off the photographers white background, because their background sheet may be paper too :)

Hope this helps...

Hi Guys,

I did OCI for my wife and kids and now when I am trying to do mine I forgot all about it. Could you guys please help me fill online form.

1.Place of birth - should I say (mumbai, India) or India is ok?
2.Father's name, mother's name,-last name first?
3.for us passport-what should be issue place? USA?
4.Present address-India address or USA address?
5.Phone no-India or USA no?

sorry again if I sound paranoid/stupid but better to make sure.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[1.Place of birth - should I say (mumbai, India) or India is ok? Mention City, State, India
2.Father's name, mother's name,-last name first? First Name, Last Name in that order
3.for us passport-what should be issue place? USA? Dept of State, USA
4.Present address-India address or USA address? Where do you live presently? If it is US, mention US address.
5.Phone no-India or USA no?See 4

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the input but some fields in the form are not that long
3.for us passport-
I can only enter upto "dept of state u"<----
would "state dept usa" work?

"PART B is common for all applicants of the family" - the instructions say.
So, PART A is different (4 pages) for all of us and PARTB is the same for all the four of us? how is it possible? will we be applying in one envelope?

BUT, the question, for example 19, can be different for each person.

Date and method of acquisition of present Nationality

My date is different (Naturalization)
My wife's is different (Naturalization)
My sons are born here (so by birth and the date is different)

similarly, previous nationality pertain to us; but not the kids. what should I do?

Thanks!
Ravi.

Part B is common for upto 4 family members.

Answer the questions pertaining to individual members separately (you can also include a separate paper if required)

Indian passports for cancellation during OCI

Hi,
can I simply send the Indian passports of my wife and I - during OCI processing? or do I still make copies of the Indian passports? I already made 2 copies of US passports. do I still need to notarize these US passport copies? I read somewhere that I don't need to notarize anymore. and if so, do I still send 2 copies of passports and applications (part a and part b) etc. or just 1 copy?

sorry. too confusing!
Thanks!
Ravi.

You don't need to notarize anything for OCI. You will need to send 2 copies of everything - 2 copies of part A for each applicant (signature and photos after making copies), 2 copies of part B, 2 copies of passports. You will have to make 2 copies of passports, both Indian and US even if you send original passports.

You don't need to notarize anything for OCI. You will need to send 2 copies of everything - 2 copies of part A for each applicant (signature and photos after making copies), 2 copies of part B, 2 copies of passports. You will have to make 2 copies of passports, both Indian and US even if you send original passports.

thank you. do I send them all these papers in one big envelope? will the envelope even taken the weight for all the 4 of us?

what if I had an cancelled/expired Indian passport in the past? do I need to send 2 copies of that passport, too? or just the one that is supposed to be cancelled (now)?

same with my son's US passport - do I need to send the previously expired/cancelled US passport copy, too? or just the one that is active/not expired?

Thanks!
RAvi.

Send your current US passports and copies of latest indian passports. You can send US passports later once your registration is granted. A flat rate envelope should do.

help with questions pl

Hi Guys,

Part B questions of OCI app

15, Have you/member of the family appliced for OCI earlier..
My wife, son and daughter have OCI.
q1)Should I mention all of them?
q2)should I attach copy of their OCI pages?
q3)what is the ref no they ask for?

16. Does the country of applicant permit dual citizenship?
q4)For usa answer is YES?

17.Date and method of qcquisition of us citizenship
q5)Should I send a copy of my nat cert?

Thanks so much in advance..

what does self attest mean?

Hello,

The copies have to be self attested.Also ,even if you are sending original Indian passports you still need to attach the copies and self attest it.

Application form you have to send 2 copies but other documents just one copy.
i received this email from indian embassy in washington regarding my email. what does self attest mean?
Also, they are saying 1 copy of passport is good enough, is that right!?