• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Miami Point of entry

Fayth

Registered Users (C)
Hello to everyone,
I would like to know if anyone after getting green card has made the first entry to the Miami immigration and how long does it take to finish proceedings.

Thanks to all!

It can obviously vary a lot depending on day and time, but here are some reviews of Miami as a POE:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Miami&dfilter=0

Thx S.

This is where I'm planning to enter in November. Killing two birds with one stone there :) Activating GC and having some time off in the sun before flying back to te UK to deal with the house, job and all the other stuff. That is if the interview goes OK.

It's been a very, very long 15 months :)

Hello to everyone,
I would like to know if anyone after getting green card has made the first entry to the Miami immigration and how long does it take to finish proceedings.

Thanks to all!

The IV is NOT a GC if one hasn't made an initial trip to the US to activate your LPR status.

Hello to everyone,

Tip: Go to Fort Lauderdale Airport. It's right next to Miami but is much cheaper. Then catch the shuttle bus.

It can obviously vary a lot depending on day and time, but here are some reviews of Miami as a POE:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/poereviews.php?poe=Miami&dfilter=0
Thanks Susie!
Thx S.

This is where I'm planning to enter in November. Killing two birds with one stone there :) Activating GC and having some time off in the sun before flying back to te UK to deal with the house, job and all the other stuff. That is if the interview goes OK.

It's been a very, very long 15 months :)
I'm going to activating my gc in november too :)

The IV is NOT a GC if one hasn't made an initial trip to the US to activate your LPR status.
Yes I know, I would have to say "activating green card" not "getting green card" I'm sorry :)

Tip: Go to Fort Lauderdale Airport. It's right next to Miami but is much cheaper. Then catch the shuttle bus.
Unfortunately I have already purchased my airfare to Miami Airport :( I hadn't thought Fort Lauderdale airport but thanks for advice anyway!

Thanks Susie!
I'm going to activating my gc in november too :)

Yes I know, I would have to say "activating green card" not "getting green card" I'm sorry :)

Unfortunately I have already purchased my airfare to Miami Airport :( I hadn't thought Fort Lauderdale airport but thanks for advice anyway!

Good choice fll is horrible these days.