1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The forums have been moved to a new software. All data till march 30 has been moved over. You can start using them. You should be able to login with the same user IDs and passwords as on the old forums. The old forums will be available as ''read only" under forumarchive.immigration.com.
  3. Rajiv hosts a free community conference call every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394. Next call is on June 19, 2014.

Medical Exam for Canadian Applying for Green Card

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by hube222, Feb 13, 2008.

1. hube222

hube222 Registered Users (C)

Hi, I am currently in the process of applying for GC - petitioned by spouse in US. I-130 has been approved and awaiting visa package. Q: Am I required to undergo a medical exam? Just wanted to get a head start. Thanks.
  2. dakazn

dakazn Registered Users (C)

Yes that is the requirement of Adjustment of status I 485 package
  3. TheRealCanadian

TheRealCanadian Volunteer Moderator

It's also a requirement for CP. There's a clinic in Montreal you go to a day or two before your consular interview. Nothing fancy, a little blood and maybe an X-Ray.
  4. hube222

Thanks. It will be CP as I'm still in Canada. I'm assuming I have to wait until closer to the appt date with the consulate?
  5. TheRealCanadian

Yes, I wouldn't do it to soon. Are you in the Montreal area?
  6. hube222

I'm in Windsor ON. I just checked on the approval doctor's list. There is one in Windsor, they say you need to have written immunization records. ????
  7. neverthere

neverthere Registered Users (C)

Just today we had our interview. Yes, there is a new regulation and you will need a form I-693A filled out by the approved medical facility. If you don't have written evidence of immunizations, you will need a comprehensive blood tests and probably a tetanus shot.:(
  8. hube222

Does anyone know if I-693A form is required for consulate processing outside of the US?
  9. TheRealCanadian

I'm pretty certain that the Packet 3 or Packet 4 will tell you the form you need, and where to get the exam. Don't worry.
  10. Triple Citizen

Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

If you have your immunizations records since birth, you can save yourself from needles. I needed an MMR shot only when I went for my medical in Toronto in late 2002.