May be laid off prior to CP Interview-Any suggestions, help welcome

senwho

Registered Users (C)
here is my current situation:

i am waiting for my i-824 approval from vsc (receipt date 8/20/01)but meanwhile on 11/30/01 i was surplused from my current position (last date of employment at my present job is 1/31/01). as is obvious, i am nervous that i may not have a position with my present employer when i am called for CP interview. meanwhile, my corporate lawyers refuse to send my papers to mumbai with only I-824 receipt but i am hopeful that my I-824 approval should come through by next week and the papers should be sent to mumbai before 12/15/01.

given this situation what are my chances of getting Jan interview at mumbai? next, any advice on how i can tackle the situation if i get feb interview and nolonger officially on company payroll will be greatly appreciated.

thanks a bunch in advance

Sorry to hear that. But Jan. Interview is ruled out. Dates are expected in a wk. for Jan.

Feb. is possible with AC-140 @ Mumbai. Your P-3 and AC-140 should reach by Dec.15th to ensure Feb. Interview. You can request for early Feb. Interview with a reason on the covering letter (Do not talk about Interview). If AC-140 is accepted and Mumbai receives and enter in time for Feb (Dec. 20th is cut off date); You need to request your Employer to issue a Employement Letter stating that You have a job after getting GC. You employer can let you go after you come back. You need to make this arrangement with your employer. It is possible and can do it. Good Luck.

my 2 cents

Superman\'s idea is very good. If it doesn\'t work out you can consider the following options.
Talk with all your known contacts in the corporation you work. Some one’s group / sister company in your corporation may be in need of a resource and you can continue the GC process.
Also, talk with your Director / Manager and ask them if they can choose to temporarily lay you off (meaning, if things become normal, which I guess will be sometime around the mid of next year, the company can re-hire you). This is advantageous for the company as it has you on reserve without any obligation and can re-absorb you in a very short notice.
Good luck!

No Title

Cancelling the layoff and
Getting an employment verification letter for future job is your best bets. Do everything in your power to get either.

If you go to an interview when you know you are not going to work for your sponsor, you are committing fraud.

My suggestion to you is that if you cannot get either of the 2 above, start over as soon as you can. Otherwise, the cloud of fraud my hunt you down for as long as you are in US.

SUPERMAN/AIM/ABU_LAFYA-Thanks a bunch for your help and suggestions

superman/abu_lafya/aim

here is my sincere thanks for your suggestions - it is a BIG help for me in this difficult time!!

Hi senwho,
Did you went for your GC ? I'm current has the same problem. I got my first interview day with US Consulate last month Nov 02, however my police clearance was not arrived on time so the US consulate agreed to reschedule the interview once I got the document. I received my police clearance last week and was about to contact the US consulate but the very next day after the police clearance arrived, my company shut down the office that I'm currently working at and the last day of my employment is Dec 31. I don't know whether I should ask the embassy to reschedule the interview. If I go for the interview knowing that my company will lay me off after that, am I committed a crime ? how long should I work for my company after GC ? please advice.

Thanks

Hi senwho,
Did you went for your GC ? I'm current has the same problem. I got my first interview day with US Consulate last month Nov 02, however my police clearance was not arrived on time so the US consulate agreed to reschedule the interview once I got the document. I received my police clearance last week and was about to contact the US consulate but the very next day after the police clearance arrived, my company shut down the office that I'm currently working at and the last day of my employment is Dec 31. I don't know whether I should ask the embassy to reschedule the interview. If I go for the interview knowing that my company will lay me off after that, am I committed a crime ? how long should I work for my company after GC ? please advice.

Thanks