• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

May 2017 Visa Bulletin

The forme should all have been submitted already, but yes those tardy can submit now too. Documents are only submitted at interview.
What do you mean by "the form should have been submitted already" ?
I received the pre-selection letter on Tuesday. I am now filling out the form i-485, G-325 etc

I received the pre-selection letter on Tuesday. I am now filling out the form i-485, G-325 etc

You're posting in a thread for those who are currently interviewing in the DV2017 year.

I suggest you take a look at the 2018 AOS thread to find out when you need to file and other relevant information for your case. Depending on your case number the absolute earliest you can send in your AOS documentation will be in August, but it may be as late as summer 2018.

I am a DV2017 selectee (EU 235xx) and sent my package on May 1st.... Do you think it can be too late??

Thanks mrtPL, your question is not silly to me !
So, this means that EU people can submit their forms/documents if ready, right ?

Okay, so you're a DV 2018 selectee - well what you're doing is known as putting the cart before the horse!

You're not eligible to submit an AOS package now based on being a DV2018 selectee. You need to slow down and make sure you've gone through available materials and understand the process first. I suggest you start by going over the DV 2018 AOS Thread in this forum, read the first post on page 1 of that Thread, go over the AOS process spreadsheet, then return to that Thread to post follow up questions if you need good advice. Posting AOS related questions on none AOS threads may impact the kind or response you get.

17_0307_OIS_LPR_2015_01.jpg

17_0307_OIS_LPR_2015_02.jpg

17_0307_OIS_LPR_2015_03.jpg

17_0307_OIS_LPR_2015_04.jpg

17_0307_OIS_LPR_2015_05.jpg

17_0307_OIS_LPR_2015_06.jpg

Source
travel.state.gov/...
For the fiscal year 2016 it says that a total of 45.664 dv were given when its suposed to be 50.000, does this mean that every region got to "current"? or in other words, that no body in the world got cut-off because of low ranking CN number?

Nice graphic. I never realized that DV was so significant for Europe and Oceania immigrants!

Yes Rick, they messed up and under allocated, with the corollary that everyone was current.

For the fiscal year 2016 it says that a total of 45.664 dv were given when its suposed to be 50.000, does this mean that every region got to "current"? or in other words, that no body in the world got cut-off because of low ranking CN number?
Yes, in DV-2016 all regions (and all countries) were current by September 2016.

Not exactly accurate. There are enough visas for available expected demand. The "reserving" part happens as cases are scheduled for interview.
About splitting hairs. Quote:

Visa numbers are always allotted for all documentarily qualified applicants with a priority date before the relevant cut-off date, as long as the case had been reported to VO in time to be included in the monthly calculation of visa availability.

The VO is assigning immigrant numbers instantaneously when they make the case current. Also the VO transmits the information directly to the embassy, before the embassy and the KCC negotiate the appointment.