• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Married after the original entry!

Hi All,

This is my first post here, so please forgive if I repeat.

My number was current for October but I did not receive an interview letter, so I hope I will be interviewed in November.

One thing that I worry about... I have been living with my husband since we knew we were going to have a son, which is more than 6 years. But we only got married on April the 4th, 2014. I didn't include him in my original DV entry as a spouse, as we did not have a document to prove it. Later on I added him as a derivative, and he also filled his DS-260 with me and our son.

I get a bit worried that the consulate may think it's a green card marriage and we may get rejected.
Do we need to take any other prove of our relationship rather than marriage certificate?

Also is there anyone who knows anything specific about the embassy in Armenia?

Hi All,

My number was current for October but I did not receive an interview letter, so I hope I will be interviewed in November.

One thing that I worry about... I have been living with my husband since we knew we were going to have a son, which is more than 6 years. But we only got married on April the 4th, 2014. I didn't include him in my original DV entry as a spouse, as we did not have a document to prove it. Later on I added him as a derivative, and he also filled his DS-260 with me and our son.

I get a bit worried that the consulate may think it's a green card marriage and we may get rejected.
Do we need to take any other prove of our relationship rather than marriage certificate?

Yes, take all the proof you can think of to show it is a proper relationship. Your son is obviously an excellent piece of evidence ;) but do take along photos of you together from over the years, especially with each other's family, bills etc sent to both of you at the same address etc.

Yes, take all the proof you can think of to show it is a proper relationship. Your son is obviously an excellent piece of evidence ;) but do take along photos of you together from over the years, especially with each other's family, bills etc sent to both of you at the same address etc.
Thanks Susie,

We have been actually living with his parents, and it was not my official address, so all the bills are coming under his dad's name.

A green card marriage takes place AFTER the lottery win. You were married before and clearly have a preexisting relationship with a child - so no worries. However, always worth having whatever proof you can get, but don't stress about it another moment.

A green card marriage takes place AFTER the lottery win. You were married before and clearly have a preexisting relationship with a child - so no worries. However, always worth having whatever proof you can get, but don't stress about it another moment.

Ah, I didn't catch that the marriage was before selection - excellent point :p

Hi All,

This might sound like a 'dumb' question, but I will still ask anyways. Did you include your son on your eDV application?