1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

marriage US Citizen in Visa B1/B2

Discussion in 'Family Based Green Card -Through Marriage/Relative' started by Mraztek, Aug 3, 2011.

  1. Mraztek

    Mraztek Registered Users (C)

    hi guys.

    my girlfriend its a us citizen and we have a 3 year old baby, i live in mexico and visit her very often sense few days ago she say she wants me to be with her here in the usa and have other baby.

    so i don't know what to do or how to change my status from a tourist visa to legal resident, im here in the usa and my I-94 almost expire this month my but my visa until 2013

    i planned to married her this month.

    should we do a i-130 or I-485

    thanks in advance for any advice
  2. falcyon

    falcyon Registered Users (C)

    U can get married and file i-130/i-485 concurrently......whether u're in valid status of not under B1/B2, as long as ur wife is USC, u will NEVER be denied. u might need to file i-765 if u intend to work, i-693 for USCIS medicals and she needs to file i-864 for u.

    Please do google with AOS for detailed information
  3. ananga73

    ananga73 Registered Users (C)

    This is very dangerous misinformation! Where did you get that from?
  4. falcyon

    falcyon Registered Users (C)

    Yes, it does sound dangerous but it is true......Any overstay or illegal working will be forgiven once OP gets married to an USC. I overstayed my I-94 by more than couple of years on B1/B2.

  5. ananga73

    ananga73 Registered Users (C)

    You are repeating the misinformation. You may not be denied for overstaying or illegal work however you CAN be denied for many other reasons.
  6. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    Firstly, unauthorised employment and/or overstay is overlooked, not forgiven. There is a difference.
    Secondly, there are other reasons that may result in the spouse of a USC being denied at his/her AOS adjudication.

  7. Mraztek

    Mraztek Registered Users (C)

    Im in the us under b1b2
  8. Triple Citizen

    Triple Citizen Registered Users (C)

    If there has been a genuine change of intention after you last entered the US, then you may marry her and apply for your GC.

  9. Mraztek

    Mraztek Registered Users (C)

    Yeah she told me just to stay with her and marrie her i enter legally like i say we have a 3 year old baby And i had visa sense i was A kid i belive sense 2 years old, it expire on 2004 and then i renew it.

    but whats the steps to startthe process, should i hire a lawyer or can i apply on our own?

    I wish i knew te steps one by one so i can do it asap i belive u were on same situation

Share This Page