Marriage to USC, Interview questions

wow you are really lucky.

We have hired a lawyer, but right now they are just helping us with the forms and preparing us for the interview. They said if we need someone to go with us to the interview, that will cost us more. We will decide on whether we should take a lawyer as the time for the interview approaches. Given our clean records I don't see much of a need, other than the fact that my USC spouse is finishing grad school on the coast of the country opposite to the one that I live on. Though I may move there over summer (well before the interview) who knows

wow you are really lucky.

We have hired a lawyer, but right now they are just helping us with the forms and preparing us for the interview. They said if we need someone to go with us to the interview, that will cost us more. We will decide on whether we should take a lawyer as the time for the interview approaches. Given our clean records I don't see much of a need, other than the fact that my USC spouse is finishing grad school on the coast of the country opposite to the one that I live on. Though I may move there over summer (well before the interview) who knows

I would take a lawyer only if you have overstayed your visa. If you havn't don't worry about it. I overstayed mine by 8 years so I was not taking any chances. If you can get 3 notorized letters, one from his parents, one from yours, and one from a friend( I used my best man at the wedding). Just have them say that you got married in good faith and are very happy together, have them include their address and phone numbers. USCIS really liked that we did that. My wife's parents even addressed their letter directly to USCIS haha. There would be no reason to think that we were married for a green card with letters from both are parents.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that suggestion! I think we can manage to get the letters before the interview. I think we will also be taking a bunch of financial mingling proof as catjupp had suggested earlier in the thread.

BTW, I just checked my online bank statement and USCIS has (very efficiently) cashed all the checks I had sent them. So the receipt should definitely arrive next week (imo)

Fingerprinting

I received my receipts dated March 21st earlier this week.
Approxomately when can I expect a notice for Fingerprinting.

Married to US Citizen November 11, 2006.
Re-date for I-485, I-130, I-765, 12-11-06
NOA- I-485, I-130, I-765- 12-14
RFE I-485- 12-26
Biometrics(code 3)- done 01-29-07
RFE Received- 02-07-07
LUD I-765 - 02-23-07
Lud I-765 - 02-27-06 APPROVED!
ND- Interview(Tampa), 02-16-07
Interview Date - 03-20-07
LUD- I-485, I-130, 03-01-07
Interview- 03-20-07-APPROVED!!!
LUD I-130 Approved 03-20-07!!!
LUD I-485 Welcome notice sent, Card production ordered 03-23-07
LUD- Welcome notice received 03-27-07
LUD- I485 Approval notice mailed 03-28-07!!!
03-30-07 GC received!
106 days in all.

Congrats trialanderror!

I recd. my notice for fingerprinting yesterday for an appointment on April 25th.

Hello,I got merried in 2004 in July ,my husband have had GC since 2003 and
the approval at the interview for 14 months ...he is still checking by FBI
he is a clear ,honest person Our question is how long time are we waiting separately ?I live in EU with my children

Hello,I got merried in 2004 in July ,my husband have had GC since 2003 and
the approval at the interview for 14 months ...he is still checking by FBI
he is a clear ,honest person Our question is how long time are we waiting separately ?I live in EU with my children

Argos,

This may be just my opinion, but-
a) Your question is unclear
b) You are in the wrong thread. your question is better posed in a more relevant thread.

I would take a lawyer only if you have overstayed your visa. If you havn't don't worry about it. I overstayed mine by 8 years so I was not taking any chances. If you can get 3 notorized letters, one from his parents, one from yours, and one from a friend( I used my best man at the wedding). Just have them say that you got married in good faith and are very happy together, have them include their address and phone numbers. USCIS really liked that we did that. My wife's parents even addressed their letter directly to USCIS haha. There would be no reason to think that we were married for a green card with letters from both are parents.

thank you

great article

Last edited by a moderator:
catjupp thanks for the response!
The points you made about financial mingling is a good one. We have done some of the things you mentioned, but there is more we need to do too.

Any comments about the lawyers point I raised anyone?

Thanks!

If you want to get more materials that related to this topic, you can visit: jobinterviewquestions.biz

Best regards.