March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

Just so you know its not NCEERS but its NSEERS, its the national entry and exit registration system. The last time you entered the US, your profile would have been recorded by the immigration officers, so your answer for the IO's question should have been your last entry date into the US.

Thank you for the clarification.

Yankyank what country are you from? were you on H1/B1/F1 visa when you entered?

Thank you Tinkerbelluk.

My interview was today and overall it went well. However, I do have to say there were a few things that I have never heard before.
The interview time was 8:15 am and we had to wait till 9:30. The IO lady was nice and polite the whole time. Here are some of the questions she asked (in no particular order):

Questions to me:
Where and when did you register for NCEERS? (I was not aware of this term so I got a little confused)
What is you wife's D.O.B?
When was the last time you entered USA? on what Visa?
What is you D.O.B?
What is your parent's name?
What is your address?
How many siblings does your wife have? their name.
Your wife's full name?

Questions to my wife:
who is the co-sponsor for your husband? What is his name? Where does he work?
How did you get your immigration benefits?
Where and how did you two meet?
Where was your husband born?
Where was your husband living when you met him?
Your husband's D.O.B?
Where does your husband live now?
What does your husband do?
What is your wedding date?
Where did the wedding take place?
Who attended the wedding?

She asked for all the original documents and went through some of our joint statements. She also looked at the photo album in detail and actually took out two pictures (both of us together) for her file.
At the end, She told me that the doctor has used an expired form for my medical and I will have to do it again. Also, she said she will have to verify my NCEERS registration and asked us to come back on Sept. 1 with a new medical.

I would like to know any kind of feedback I can get form the group on this.

Yankyank

Aawww! Thanks, tinkerbelluk! I'm getting excited and at the same time nervous. I have been praying that I will have a successful interview. I just went through all my stuff and I think I am ready for my Tuesday's interview.

Oh, one question I have are the utility bills. We don't have any utility bills that have both our names on it. Do I still make copies of utility bills in eachother's names?

Aawww! Thanks, tinkerbelluk! I'm getting excited and at the same time nervous. I have been praying that I will have a successful interview. I just went through all my stuff and I think I am ready for my Tuesday's interview.

Oh, one question I have are the utility bills. We don't have any utility bills that have both our names on it. Do I still make copies of utility bills in eachother's names?

According to my experience, they are only interested in joint statements. At the same time, it is always better to have all the dox available at that time.

I can't see the utility bill being a problem, especially as some countys will only put one name on the actual bill. (ours is one of them, and we've tryed to get both our names on the bill as it will be helpful when we remove conditions and they have refused point blank.)

We went for our interview today and was approved. Our interview was scheduled at 10AM. We arrived at 9:30 and wasn't called until 10:30AM. IO was really nice. All he did ask was the originals of the stuff we submitted and for some joint statements. Some random yes/no questions from the AOS form. And said that he was approving us today.

I thank everyone in this forum. Will see you guys in 3 years!!!

I got GC today

I file paper on March 09, interview on Aug 13, got approved at the same day and order GC at the same day.got sever letter for approved letters. then got the gc TODAY

I had my interview yesterday with no answer.

As I was walking to the interview room with the IO, a man walked past and told her that she shouldn't be doing an interview coz she had to be in a meeting with him in 15 minutes. She told him that she would be quick. I was very relieved.

I had a really nice lady and there were 2 other people in the room. One was much older than her and one was about the same age so I'm guessing that my IO was a trainee and the older lady was adjudicating.

She asked me to confirm all my husband's bio info and then he had to confirm all of mine.
We met online so she wanted to discuss that in a bit of detail. What site? Had we met other people on there? When did we join the site? How did it progress from there?
Most of the questions were directed at my husband.
I came here on a tourist visa and she asked if I was happy when he asked me to stay and I said I was more concerned about the immigration issues. So she turned to my husband and asked him if he knew how difficult it would be. He babbled on for a bit about how his mother immigrated from Germany before he was born and it was no problem etc. (Afterwards he told me he was trying to act naive, but I told him it sounded ignorant)

Then she asked me to confirm all the "no" questions about arrests etc...
And then asked for evidence of marriage.
I gave her all the joint stuff and photos.
She didn't look at anything. Just put them in the folder and told me they would make a decision by the end of the week and I would get a letter in the post. She said that she needed to check a few more things, but that my security check was done and it was fine.

It was obvious that she did not have the authority to make a decision.

So now I wait.

You are lucky!

I am freaked out...he didnt even return my passport!!!!!!!!

why?

I had a stokes interview...will be back with details - I am trying to find out where they put my passport

Huh?? You gotta get your passport back !!

This was your initial interview? And they gave you a stokes interview same day?

Yep...I was shocked. I called USCIS and they told me to go back and ask for it so i am glad i did coz i got it...i was dying here in tears.

We got there at 9.45 am - interview was scheduled for 10.20.
We waited about a half hour and then we were called in.
I didnt have a good feeling about the IO coz he said hello and we replied smiling and he said - this way please - not in a friendly way.
We sat down and he had us get up and do the oath.
He asked for IDs - Checked them plus my passport - my hubbys is expired so we never took it with us.
He asked both of us our age, DOB, address
Asked how we met - hubby told him
Asked for any other evidence...he went through pics, bills (CC, bank, some letters)
Asked us if the pictures were taken just for the interview because they were printed on the same day (print was in the back) we said no...some were taken early this yr we just dont take many pics often - we always forget the camera.
He asked a few work questions - took my employment letter and my work ID.
Asked hubby for his - he lost his job a month ago and is waiting to hear back this week if his contract will be re-done.
He said he would interview us seperate - asked hubby to wait outside
By this time I was dying coz he had asked us "are u sure?" a bunch of times and was confusing the hell out of me.
When hubby left he asked for details how we met, the dates, the proposal..why he moved here, bedroom questions - where is the alarm, where is the door if you are sleeping facing up, does he have tatoos, what did you guys have for dinner yesterday, what did you last friday, when was the last grocery shopping, what did you do for your bday? when is hubbys bday? what do you do for fun, how come you have not travelled so much, when was the last time you went to the movies, when did you last go out to eat? who bought the rings? where? how did he propose? have you met his family, etc etc

It was endless...we went in at 10.15 and hubby was done about 12.00

I dont have a good feeling about this. I should have hired a lawyer for the day. sigh

Hubby and I compared notes and there are little differences - he did get the house stuff and basic info...dates are a little messy with things from early last year.

IO said we would have a response in two - four weeks.

I am praying its a RFE or another interview. I would have to hate to appeal since both of us were really nervous and you could see my hands were shaking.

Any feedback appreciated!

Affirmed, just relax and take it easy at the moment. Going crazy won't help you a bit. Frankly, that doesn't sound all that bad, and often they don't make decision on spot (for me it was NOT - it went to the supervisor). Hopefully you'll get good news any day!

thanks kitten Kat - cant help it...i have calmed down since at this point there is nothing i can do but wait.

My hubby is still furious.

Wow... that does not sound like fun!! :(
I understand your nervousness. I couldn't remember my zip code I was so nervous.

Remember that these guys are professionals. They know when people are lying and the marriage is not genuine. Yours is, so you'll get it :)

I am expecting either approval or an RFE.
I checked my folder today and forgot to give her the joint property forms and evidence of emails and phone calls. Hopefully it won't be an issue coz waiting is the worst !!!

Oh my! So sorry about your interviews, Affirmed and BornintheRSA! It's easier said than done- just relax and we'll all hope for the best.

Regards..