March 2009 Filers for Family based AOS post here

I got both the welcome letter and the green card in mail today. Shiny! Thanks to everyone who helped me figuring things out! And good luck to remaining fellows. :)

Hi all,

Here is my scenario. We are in New Jersey and the all the receipt numbers starts with MSC code. I have not applied for AP. I am on H1B righ now. I would like to know how lond (any rough idea) does it take to get EAD.

Probably wrong place to post since I did not filed in March 2009. Sorry about that.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------
06/10/2009 - Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 package
06/22/2009 - NOAs received
06/29/2009 - Received biometric appointment for July 16th
07/16/2009 - Biometric done
07/16/2009 - LUD for I-485, I-765
07/17/2009 - LUD for I-485, I-765
07/22/2009 - Received interview letter for Sep 15th

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Here is my scenario. We are in New Jersey and the all the receipt numbers starts with MSC code. I have not applied for AP. I am on H1B righ now. I would like to know how lond (any rough idea) does it take to get EAD.

Probably wrong place to post since I did not filed in March 2009. Sorry about that.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------
06/10/2009 - Mailed I-130, I-765, I-485 package
06/22/2009 - NOAs received
06/29/2009 - Received biometric appointment for July 16th
07/16/2009 - Biometric done
07/16/2009 - LUD for I-485, I-765
07/17/2009 - LUD for I-485, I-765
07/22/2009 - Received interview letter for Sep 15th

The average time till EAD was recieved was 2 months for those who filed in March, USCIS aims for no more than 3 months from your priority date (see noa1) It can be delayed by an RFE, but as you have an IL you will prob not have an RFE unless asked for at interview. It may be worth joining the June filers group http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=298648.

Thanks

The average time till EAD was recieved was 2 months for those who filed in March, USCIS aims for no more than 3 months from your priority date (see noa1) It can be delayed by an RFE, but as you have an IL you will prob not have an RFE unless asked for at interview. It may be worth joining the June filers group.

Hi Tinkerbelluk,

Thanks for the quick response and the link. I will watch posts over there now.

I was wondering if they do not issue (deny my I-765) the EAD.

Thank you.

Hi Tinkerbelluk,

Thanks for the quick response and the link. I will watch posts over there now.

I was wondering if they do not issue (deny my I-765) the EAD.

Thank you.

I've never heard of an EAD being denyed when AOS is applied for at the same time.

Guys, so we went for our interview last week thursday and it went well. We were in and out in about 15mins. The interviewer just asked us where we met, why we got married so soon, and asked us to reiterate our names and places of birth, she asked for my I-94 and asked me the last time I entered the US and port of entry. And that was it. She approved it. She didnt even want to look at our pictures, we had to offer her that. However, she did take joint bills we had for a car loan, leases and other stuff.

I should be getting my greencard in the mail in 2-3 weeks. Congrats to all others who have gone and succeded, and for those to come, trust in God and it shall all be well.

Thanks,
Oneluckyboy (I am one in deed!!)

Hi Guys, it has been a while. i sent my birth certificate and other supporting documents such as baptism certificate and documents from my countrys populations commission all aoriginals in the mail on wednesday to my IO, and confirmed delivery on friday so i am keeping my fingers crossed for a decision now. because she told me at teh interview that when she gets the documenst then she will amke her final decision. i hope it will eb a positive on and hopefully within this week because i am nervous as hell. Pray with me guys. And TinkerbellUk thanks for the posting you are great.

Where in the UK were you orginally from if you were i am just asking because of the username.

Where in the UK were you orginally from if you were i am just asking because of the username.

I originally from Radcliffe, which is on the outskirts of Manchester. (The town I came from is the same as the director who won the oscar for slum dog millionare this year.)

Ok Guys, i got an upgate email from USCIS

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

so i guess i got approved, pray with me for this to be real.

Hi everybody,
Got my g.c. in mail yesterday..thanks everyone here,specially thinkerbelluk ..
---------------------------
DO: newark
March 17, 2009 - Sent (I-130, I-485 and I765)
March 19, 2009 - Received by Lockbox
March 23, 2009 - Checks cashed
March 24, 2009 - Notices received
March 26, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment Notice
April 16, 2009 - Biometrics done
May 08,2009- EAD ordered
May 13,2009- EAD ordered
May 18,2009- EAD recieved
May 26,2009- interview letter received 28/07/2009 interview day
July 28,2009- GC approved (welcome letter by mail)
July 28,2009- i-130 status approved (checked online)
AUG 14,2009- Recieved g.c. and approval letter

good luck to yankyank who was their interview this week.

Thank you Tinkerbelluk.

My interview was today and overall it went well. However, I do have to say there were a few things that I have never heard before.
The interview time was 8:15 am and we had to wait till 9:30. The IO lady was nice and polite the whole time. Here are some of the questions she asked (in no particular order):

Questions to me:
Where and when did you register for NCEERS? (I was not aware of this term so I got a little confused)
What is you wife's D.O.B?
When was the last time you entered USA? on what Visa?
What is you D.O.B?
What is your parent's name?
What is your address?
How many siblings does your wife have? their name.
Your wife's full name?

Questions to my wife:
who is the co-sponsor for your husband? What is his name? Where does he work?
How did you get your immigration benefits?
Where and how did you two meet?
Where was your husband born?
Where was your husband living when you met him?
Your husband's D.O.B?
Where does your husband live now?
What does your husband do?
What is your wedding date?
Where did the wedding take place?
Who attended the wedding?

She asked for all the original documents and went through some of our joint statements. She also looked at the photo album in detail and actually took out two pictures (both of us together) for her file.
At the end, She told me that the doctor has used an expired form for my medical and I will have to do it again. Also, she said she will have to verify my NCEERS registration and asked us to come back on Sept. 1 with a new medical.

I would like to know any kind of feedback I can get form the group on this.

Yankyank

Just so you know its not NCEERS but its NSEERS, its the national entry and exit registration system. The last time you entered the US, your profile would have been recorded by the immigration officers, so your answer for the IO's question should have been your last entry date into the US.