Maple Card Question

MysticM

Registered Users (C)
To anyone who applied for and got his/her Maple Card,

Did anyone call your house to verify your address, phone#, previous information or any such thing?

I landed in 2000 but went back to US for entire 2002 and since it wasn't recorded on my passport or anywhere else, i am stating 2002 as a stay in canada but i'm worried the address and phone number i provide (some friends') for the maple card form, they might call and verify. i am in TO again and waiting for end of this yr to apply for my citizenship and i dont want to mess this up or have to wait another yr(by declaring 2002 as out of country).....any suggestions on if i should go ahead and use the address of my friend or state the US stay?

thanks

When you have not stayed in Canada, the right thing to do is to put that on the application when you apply for your PR card. Are you paying taxes in Canada? If CIC realizes at a later date that you were out, they will revoke your citizenship. Do not lie on the application. It's not worth it.

thats my 2 cents of advice.

MysticM:

Normally they do not verify from phone # provided but recently I read in other forum that they rang up the telephone # to verify some info (I have info about 1 case that was posted by someone)
You should write correct info on your PR card application, write the correct dates you have been in Canada or out of Canada, if you people start doing this then definitely they will verify the info for each application, don’t create trouble for your self and for others
If you were working in US it can be easily verified and your PR card will be rejected, they can revoke your residency in Canada.
If you think that you can get citizenship that way it is wrong, they will check everything before you are granted citizenship, where you were staying? Proof? Phone bill, other utility bill, your credit card info, Taxes paid, your employment history, your Canada driving license, Canada bank transactions and your heath card. , Don’t take this risk CIC can track anything. You are planning to lie in these days?

thats my 1 cent of advice