• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

London Interview June 2017 - DV

Chris H

Hi folks,

I just wanted to write a quick post about my experience and ask a question from those who have been there before. Firstly, don't get nervous about the interview, there is nothing unexpected - just be prepared. Have every document they mention in their lists including duplicates for them to take.

Every person we dealt with at the embassy was very pleasant, the guy who took our documents was a very nice gentleman who chatted casually while assisting us - I forgot the return shipping labels for our passports, he was able to print these easily for me but it did put my heart in my throat momentarily in panic!

My wife had been flagged in the medical as having a heart murmur so we had to get that checked out privately, we had the interview before this had been sorted - again this wasnt a problem, they just told us we had been successful pending the receiving the medical results.

My question to you is this - Knightsbridge doctors should be forwarding my results to the Embassy this week hopefully by the 29th June. We are due to travel to the US (on holiday booked before we even found out about winning the lottery) on August 4th. Do you think we will have our passports back in time?

Hi folks,

I just wanted to write a quick post about my experience and ask a question from those who have been there before. Firstly, don't get nervous about the interview, there is nothing unexpected - just be prepared. Have every document they mention in their lists including duplicates for them to take.

Every person we dealt with at the embassy was very pleasant, the guy who took our documents was a very nice gentleman who chatted casually while assisting us - I forgot the return shipping labels for our passports, he was able to print these easily for me but it did put my heart in my throat momentarily in panic!

My wife had been flagged in the medical as having a heart murmur so we had to get that checked out privately, we had the interview before this had been sorted - again this wasnt a problem, they just told us we had been successful pending the receiving the medical results.

My question to you is this - Knightsbridge doctors should be forwarding my results to the Embassy this week hopefully by the 29th June. We are due to travel to the US (on holiday booked before we even found out about winning the lottery) on August 4th. Do you think we will have our passports back in time?

You have a good chance of getting the passports in time.

You have a good chance of getting the passports in time.

Hi Simon, thanks for that - and for all your blog posts in preparing for the interview, really put us at ease. I received an email from them stating that our medical records were received 29th June as expected and that it would take 10-15 working days (on average) after that plus 2 for delivery.

We are currently on day 12 so waiting anxiously..

Hi Simon, thanks for that - and for all your blog posts in preparing for the interview, really put us at ease. I received an email from them stating that our medical records were received 29th June as expected and that it would take 10-15 working days (on average) after that plus 2 for delivery.

We are currently on day 12 so waiting anxiously..
They often take a bit longer, so if they do, don't panic.

Hi Simon, how long did your passport take to come back? Today is our 13th day it has been with them. We have a family holiday planned on the 3rd August (2 weeks and 3 days away) and I may need to ask for my passport back if I don't hear anything. This holiday had been planned long before I found out about winning the lottery.

I
Hi Simon, how long did your passport take to come back? Today is our 13th day it has been with them. We have a family holiday planned on the 3rd August (2 weeks and 3 days away) and I may need to ask for my passport back if I don't hear anything. This holiday had been planned long before I found out about winning the lottery.
Adjusted status in the USA, so my experience doesn't apply, but they usu a lly return passports within a week or two. Contact the courier.

I

Adjusted status in the USA, so my experience doesn't apply, but they usu a lly return passports within a week or two. Contact the courier.

Hi Simon,

I tried the courier but they said unless the embassy have notified us it has been shipped they cannot assist. The Embassy printed my shipping labels themselves that day so I am concerned that my phone number or email may not be attached to it.

Do you know if there is a number I can call the embassy on?

Hi Simon,

I tried the courier but they said unless the embassy have notified us it has been shipped they cannot assist. The Embassy printed my shipping labels themselves that day so I am concerned that my phone number or email may not be attached to it.

Do you know if there is a number I can call the embassy on?

I don't know.