1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

LNU - Last Name Unknown issue

Discussion in 'General I-485 and Related Issues' started by Aswin78, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Aswin78

Aswin78 New Member

Hello, In my passport SurName is empty and GivenName is xxxx yyyyy. When i applied for green card , i had given First Name : xxxx yyyyy and Last Name : LNU. (My SSN , Employment , Bank Accounts etc are in this format) . My EAD and AP has name as LNU, xxxx yyyyy. Will there be any problem if i travel abroad?. Will the port of entry people mistake LNU as my last name and tell that the name in passport and AP doesn't match?. Please let me know. Also, I remember seeing one PDF article from USCIS or DOL which tells about the usage of LNU and FNU. Do anyone has a copy of it ? Or Help me to locate it ?. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2008
  2. amitkoh

amitkoh Registered Users (C)

what is your Surname or do you not have one for some reason ?
  3. Dallas03096

Dallas03096 Registered Users (C)

4. Aswin78

Aswin78 New Member

Hello, Thanks for your reply. I don't have any surname and i have two first names xxxx yyyyy. Thats why i was having LNU in my names. Since my documents followed that pattern , i have LNU,xxxx yyyy as my names in all documents except my passport.
  5. Aswin78

Aswin78 New Member

Still searching for document related to LNU and FNU. I found one attorney handbook for District court which states the accronyms LNU and FNU. http://www.mad.uscourts.gov/attorneys/pdf/Attorney_Guide.pdf . But still searching for the actual PDF which i had seen in one of these forumns. It was like a USCIS memo.. Still searching...