Little Bit Confusing......

patientlywaitin

Registered Users (C)
Hey Everybody,

I was wondering, after getting my GC I would like to become a citizen. I applied for my GC through my USC spouse. How do you count the years to becoming a citizen. Is it 3 years after getting the conditional GC or 3 years after the conditions have been removed. Please, anyone who has this experience please answer.

its 2 yrs 9 months from the date of approval of your conditonal GC.
If you research this forum on I-751, you will notice that people have applied for the N400, even though their I-751 for removing the condition is still pending...

goodluck

I-751 iam confused.suggestions would be appreciated

Iam an Indian and got married to an american citizen(white) in the month of FEB 2002 in India and after a month of our marriage my wife went back to U.S. and filed all required documents for my k-3 visa,which i got it exactly after 1 year (I got my k-3 VISA STAMPED in the month of Feb 2003 in INDIA) and accordingly I joined my wife.After I joined my wife I applied for EAD (which i got it in 90 days)and also I applied for I-485 (LPR) in the month of AUGUST 2003 and I have received the receipt in the last week of OCTOBER 2003 and i completed my FINGER PRINTS processes in the last week of Nov2003.
In this connection i'd like to request you to kindly clarify the following.

1)When will i get my I-485 approved?
2) what is to be done by me after completing the process of
I-485 and Finger prints?
3)When can i apply for the citizenship and how much
time it takes to obtain citizenship?
4)Do K-3 VISA HOLDERS whose visa is stamped for 2 years need an ADVANCE PAROLE to travel native place while their I-485 is under process?
5)I'd like to remove my temporary residency status,the rule says before the 90 days of second anniversary and Iam perplexed whether i must count from the month and year i got married i.e.,FEB 2002 or the month k-3 visa stamped(FEB 2003) or i must consider the k-3 visa stamping date.your clarification for the above questions would well be appreciated.

devss

1)When will i get my I-485 approved?
This depends where you filled it.

2) what is to be done by me after completing the process of
I-485 and Finger prints?
Not much except waiting...
3)When can i apply for the citizenship and how much
time it takes to obtain citizenship?

2yrs 9 months after your GC is approved. The Citizenship tkaes around 9 -12 months again depending where its filled.

4)Do K-3 VISA HOLDERS whose visa is stamped for 2 years need an ADVANCE PAROLE to travel native place while their I-485 is under process?
Once the 485 is filled, yes...

5)I'd like to remove my temporary residency status,the rule says before the 90 days of second anniversary and Iam perplexed whether i must count from the month and year i got married i.e.,FEB 2002 or the month k-3 visa stamped(FEB 2003) or i must consider the k-3 visa stamping date.your clarification for the above questions would well be appreciated.

That is immaterial now. K-3 visa was to enter the US legally. Once the I-485 is filled, the K-3 is redundant.....

goodluck

SWAITING

YOU MEAN TO SAY I DONT NEED TO FILE I-751 TO REMOVE CONDITIONS?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH SWAITING FOR YOUR CLARIFICATIONS.

devss