Life Without Interim Ead

Should USCIS reconsider the new NO interim rule?

• Yes

Votes: 137 87.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 8.9%
  • I Don't know?

Votes: 6 3.8%

• Total voters
thanks hossamny ....but i just my card back with a check of $180 because my stupid lawyer put the wrong birthdate :mad:

With respect to lawyers and every one, why you ask a lawyer to file EAD to you, it is just one form with all questions almost regarding your personal information only. I understand it in GC, Visa.....etc but I can not understand it at all for EAD, AP, Adress change for example

With respect to lawyers and every one, why you ask a lawyer to file EAD to you, it is just one form with all questions almost regarding your personal information only. I understand it in GC, Visa.....etc but I can not understand it at all for EAD, AP, Adress change for example

i know that but i got a lawyer to help me apply for the green card then he filed the EAD with it

Don't listen to them

Some people say that if you stuck in name check, you will be stuck for years. I say to those people: you are wrong.

Some people say that if you stuck in name check, you will be stuck for years. I say to those people: you are wrong.

If you stuck in name check, you will be stuch till your background check cleared (days to years) and mostly will be few months, the exception is the years.

Your information may not be right. The new rule is local CIS office will not issue the interim card anymore, but local office can help you to call (they have a specific number) the NBC or Service Centers to notify them your case is more than 90 days, the local office should have a response in 30 minutes.
You may need to check this with local office. Please see attached.

My husband renewed his card on Dec 27,06 After 90 days we went to our local office in NYC and they said they would e-mail MSC but it could take 2 to 4 weeks to receive a decesion. That same day I contacted my congresswoman and the next day she called MSC and they told the rep at our congresswoman's office that he would they would have a decesion in 2 weeks and guess what he received his card 4 days before it would have made 2 weeks. I'm telling you congress is powerful.

My husband renewed his card on Dec 27,06 After 90 days we went to our local office in NYC and they said they would e-mail MSC but it could take 2 to 4 weeks to receive a decesion. That same day I contacted my congresswoman and the next day she called MSC and they told the rep at our congresswoman's office that he would they would have a decesion in 2 weeks and guess what he received his card 4 days before it would have made 2 weeks. I'm telling you congress is powerful.

You did a right thing. I hope I will not go such far. Just in case, did you meet congresswoman in person or just a phone call? What did you ask from her to help you?

You did a right thing. I hope I will not go such far. Just in case, did you meet congresswoman in person or just a phone call? What did you ask from her to help you?

I called her office and e-mailed her. I wasen't going to stop until I got a response from her or anyone from the goverment. I am an American Born citizen my husband Is from Yemen. Whatever immigration puts him through they have to realize they are putting me through the same pain. We applied for his greencard 3/10/04. Could you believe we just had the interview 1/23/07. Immigration is all screwed up. He applied for his renewal EAD 12/27/06 his card was due to expire 2/15/07. Last we knew you could file 2 or 3 months before the expiration date. No one told us 6 months before. Not even his crappy lawyer. He was without work for 2 months. USCIS didn't care. They didn't care that he works for UPS and that I am on his health insurance policy.They didn't care we could get sick and would not be able to get medicine. They didn't care that we have rent to pay, credit card bills, car payment, electric bills, ect. So that's when I said I am contacting every goverment agency possible and I did and the only one to respond was my congresswoman NITA LOWEY. Not even my senator contacted me back. That's sad that I'm 29 years old been working for 12 years and not even the senator would contact me back. Where's my tax dollars going? Anyways congress is more powerful. As a matter a fact I just e-mailed her office now to find out what's going on with his green card. She took it upon herself to contact USCIS about 3 weeks ago to write a letter to our local office in NYC to find out what's going on with his card. When I contacted her office it was regarding his EAD not the greencard like I said she took it upon herself to find out bout the greencard. She's a great congresswoman.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also want to say if anyone lives in NYC and needs lawyer DO NOT HIRE Brian J Tucker. All he wants is money. He does not care about you and your case.

Yes! Ask your congresswoman/congressman for help...

I called my congressman and explained to him what happened to my paper work. He told me to get my employer to call and talk to him. So, I did. My employer's attorney talked to my congressman and decided to give me an extra 90 days while waiting for my pending EAD renewal since my Receipt of Notice passed 90 days and I didn't hear anything from USCIS. Now I hope the extra 90 days will help me to over come this problem.

Need Help here with Expired EAD

Hi All,
My EAD is getting expired on May 03. I am working on EAD (not primary applicant for I-485) having my own company on hourly basis not running any payroll. Bill hours to the client and gets paid by check on company name. Filed EAD renewal last week (just 1 week before current EAD expires) what are my choices? What is the risk of working in expired EAD? Please suggest..(need desperately). Thanks.

Can I apply for EAD while another EAD application is already pending?
My application filed in 8/06 is still pending. LUD Mar 14, 07. No RFE. no response to interim EAD application. Tried Infopass, 800 number, senators, first lady.... nothing worked for me.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

applied EAD more then 120 days

Applied EAD more then 120 days @ VSC. Haven't heard anything from USCIS. Finished biometrics on April 10th. Anybody had this experience?

Applied -- 4th Jan 2007
Biometrics -- 10th April 2007
LUD -- 11th April 2007

Applied EAD more then 120 days @ VSC. Haven't heard anything from USCIS. Finished biometrics on April 10th. Anybody had this experience?

Applied -- 4th Jan 2007
Biometrics -- 10th April 2007
LUD -- 11th April 2007

Why did you wait for such long time without doing anything?

guys,
on this thread I have read that a lot of you had successfully spoken to a customer service representative. some of you wrote that you had even been able to talk to the immigration officer.

today i tried to call customer service at 18003755283.
navigating through their menu items, at best i could get the fax number where i can send my expedite request.
but i did not hear any option where they would let me talk to a representative.

can someone please write here the menu items?
it would be very helpful for all of us who are facing this issue more and more.

thanks.

current ead: valid till 5/15/07
rd: 4/2/07
lud: 4/5/07

Hi Srikvln,
There is no direct connection to an immigration officer when you call customer service. I don't remimber the exact conbinaison but when you call customer, navigate your ways untill you get to a customer services agent and tell the customer service agent that you would like to speak with un immigration officer. DO NOT TELL HER YOUR PROBLEM, AS SOON AS SHE INTRODUCE HERSELF, ASK TO SPEAK WITH AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER AND SHOULD TRANSFERT YOU WITHOUT QUESTION. I hope that help.

Hi kbli,
thanks for your answer.
the ultimate goal is indeed to talk to an immigration officer.
but i have tried all the relevant options for the ead case.

i always end up with the automated system giving me some definitive answer at which time ending the call is the only option.
maybe there is an option of customer service somewhere in those menu items, but i did not find them pertaining to the ead case.
the system also says that the customer service representative has the same information as what you would be getting from their site as an individual.

so, that is the reason i am requesting the exact menu item combinations.
once we have it, we at this forum can expedite the process of talking to a live person and requesting them to expedite our ead application process :p
too much expediting won't hurt :)

so the next time someone successfully talks to a live person, please note down those menu options and mention it here in this thread.

Thanks.

mplraj,

Can you please share your updates with this forum? A few others on this forum have similar problems of EAD expiring shortly and no progress from USCIS on-line or the 800 number.

Thanks in advance.

Expedite request number for VSC

Can somebody email me this number... I have tried for last 3hrs and I am always being transferred to a rep (who have no information). I went for my infopass and they told me same thing.. "they cannot do anything... the only info they have is that its pending at VSC".