Legal Action Against DOL

Interested in taking a legal action against DOL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
richshi said:
Call 202-216-2400, or email advocacy@aila.org

tell them you would like to donate money for them to voice your concern. You want them to pursuade the DOl to allow riskfree and easy conversion from existing LC to PERM. They can do it. It only takes the DOL a field memo.

TIME is ticking. Act before it is too late.

I agree, DOL is not in position to halt PERM and process all existing case, so only viable request we have is to allow DOL to convert RIR/non-RIR to PERM easily.
Do you think, its practical for DOL to allow such conversion. Just imagine who in his/her right mind will not opt for conversion. Then existence of BEC itself is questionable if all cases are converted to PERM.

Moreover even if DOL allow easy and riskfree conversion, most of the big firms (which occupies 75 % H1 - GC prospects) can't file for PERM without changes to existing rules (there are just too many restrictions ). Do you think a company will risk 100 - 200 labor certificates/emplyees (you might know that if DOL audits a case under PERM, all other application by that company is also scrutinized)

Still I am adhering to the idea that we should lobby DOL to process all the existing cases ASAP rather than adding more confusion by lobbying "conversion" idea.

you never know until you try.

The DOL is not bright enough to think of that much.
Otherwise you wouldn't have this mess. I am not gonna do this cause my firm is working on my PERM anyway.

USCISisMockery said:
I agree, DOL is not in position to halt PERM and process all existing case, so only viable request we have is to allow DOL to convert RIR/non-RIR to PERM easily.
Do you think, its practical for DOL to allow such conversion. Just imagine who in his/her right mind will not opt for conversion. Then existence of BEC itself is questionable if all cases are converted to PERM.

Moreover even if DOL allow easy and riskfree conversion, most of the big firms (which occupies 75 % H1 - GC prospects) can't file for PERM without changes to existing rules (there are just too many restrictions ). Do you think a company will risk 100 - 200 labor certificates/emplyees (you might know that if DOL audits a case under PERM, all other application by that company is also scrutinized)

Still I am adhering to the idea that we should lobby DOL to process all the existing cases ASAP rather than adding more confusion by lobbying "conversion" idea.

resubmit through perm

Doesn't PERM allow us to resubmit and keep our priority date??If so what is the use of this pettition.They will ask us to resubmit through perm.

iplayfun said:
Doesn't PERM allow us to resubmit and keep our priority date??If so what is the use of this pettition.They will ask us to resubmit through perm.

Thats the reason, I think we should keep PERM separate from what we want to accomplish here. Our sole objective is to
"storm support/awareness about Backlogs/injustice in RIR/Non-RIR cases"

Why people don't get this simple objective. Converting to PERM is not topic of this thread. There are tons and tons of topics all over the web that discusses PERM, its cons/pros.

DOL is begging for a Lawsuit !

From the update at DOLs processing times site
http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp
seems like all fed DOLs are now closed.

Are the BECs sending out 45 day letters based on PD (Priority date the application was received in the State SWA) or the RD (Received date the application was received from the Fed regional DOL from the State SWA).

Up until now, only a few cases from heavily backlogged fed DOLs have been sent to the BECs but now that all of the Fed regional DOL cases have been sent to the BECs, it is only fair to process according to the PD. And 6 week processing time for a PERM application just insane compared to the 24-30 months projected wait for the LC applications.Obviously the DOL is begging for a Lawsuit !

Any insights anyone?

Thanks

This thread is not in correct topic. It should be under SWA because most the people waiting for Labor are in SWA stage and not in DOL stage.

Count Me In

Guys,

The only little mistake might have been done is wrong category has been choosen to put this thread. Most people like me are stuck at state level so I believe this thread should be moved to State/SWA level. Anyway, Count me in 100 % this fight for frustrating struggle.

- BharatPremi

PERM is unfair and we should shupport lawsuit against it.

Count me in.
By creating back log reduction center they are westing time and money. It's completely duplication of work. Doing data entry again .creating que ,training new staff these all duplication of work.

I am totally agree that this is unfair to give labor prior to pending case that are pending since last three years.

Guys , today celebreting one month without responce after ~150 voted to do something against DOL.

Last reply was 22 Feb.

How many people who are in Labor are paticipating in immigration.com actively?

At least start sending letter of protest .

BackLogGC said:

Maybe we should direct all our efforts in organizing ourselves to write a letter to Mr. Eduardo Aguirre, Jr., Director
Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
425 I Street, NW
Washington, DC 20536

and plead or ask him to take closer look at the seemingly unfair situation BRC backloggers will be in once PERM is implemented. It is unfair that people who have already been waiting more than two or three years will keep waiting while new applicants will receive LC approvals in 60 days under PERM. Maybe we can write a letter to him explaining our situation. What do you guys think? I've seen in this forum lots of money already collected but not being used. Let's put that money to its intended use.

Action is better than talking.

Before a legal action, which need time and money,
we can send a letter, e-mail, fax to President, Senator, other powerful person and media individully.

Let's stand up and let everyone know how DOL is dereliction of duty.

No one know our pain, no any supervision, this is why DOL has been ignoring our feeling all the time.

If they receive 30K letter, 3K may be enough, to talking about the same issue ...

I had send a letter to Secretary of DOL, please do it now just 37 cents!

USCIS Director Statement before House committee stated this:

In our second year of operations, we have successfully reduced the backlog to 1.5 million cases (down from a high of 3.8 million cases in January 2004),

they have reduced it by 2.3 milion . Are they mostly the illegal immigrants ?

Wboyi said:
Action is better than talking.

Before a legal action, which need time and money,
we can send a letter, e-mail, fax to President, Senator, other powerful person and media individully.

Let's stand up and let everyone know how DOL is dereliction of duty.

No one know our pain, no any supervision, this is why DOL has been ignoring our feeling all the time.

If they receive 30K letter, 3K may be enough, to talking about the same issue ...

I had send a letter to Secretary of DOL, please do it now just 37 cents!

To get in the action and make it easier for everybody in this forum. Could you please post a copy of your letter and the name and addresses you mailed your letter to, we can modified accordingly. That would certainly help us all! Thank you.

Many letters better than one

I request all of the members to sincerely post one letter to white house and the other to DOL chief....like one of our members mentioned. When we all send letters their mailbox will be cluttered and the most they can do is notice and possibly take action.

White house needs to know who is wasting money, one of the items in Bush administration is to fight inefficiency...they infact gave strict ultimatum to USCIS about reducing their backlogs...and you can see a drastic reduction of backlogs in their offices...good or bad it is true....

DOL needs to be addressed to in the similar fashion. I am sure this administration will take a stringent action against inefficient fedral offices as they are wasting their efforts and money in vain....atleast our future aspirers will enjoy better immigration rules.

Let us do our bit.

AM4GC said:
USCIS Director Statement before House committee stated this:

In our second year of operations, we have successfully reduced the backlog to 1.5 million cases (down from a high of 3.8 million cases in January 2004),

they have reduced it by 2.3 milion . Are they mostly the illegal immigrants ?