Leaving US after Special Registeration

asic_chip

Registered Users (C)
I have already registered with INS and has my FIN no. I would be traveling outside US in 5-days. Based on the documents handed to us on day of registeration and our company attorney, I have to report at designated airport INS before I leave. I would be leaving from San Francisco. I have following questions, if anyone has been through it, I would appreciate a response -

- whats the proccedure? do we have to check in first at the airline, obtain our boarding pass and then go to INS office or do we have to go to INS and then obtain a boarding pass from the airline

- how much time does the INS procedure take at the airport

- what documents/information do they need at the airport

I would appreciate a response -

thanks -

Your Answer

Reading the INS release, it looks like there will be some INS officials on your way to airplane to check whether you are allowed to leave by this port because they are saying that nationals from those countries (registration) will not be allowed except those designated posts.

Therefore, I think there will be some INS officials to check you
whether you are allowed to leave thru this port or not.
To make it sure, please call the INS of that airport what you are planning to leave. I have the similiar situation, I will call my airport INS.

Leaving& returning

I haven't been thru this but first thing you need to make sure is that you have a photocopy of the I-94 front/back (with FINS on it) made before you get to the airport (as a minimum just jot down the FINS in case you forget to make copy). This is because the INS will take that I-94 (I think so), I am not sure if they will issue you a receipt with the FINS info. or not, but most of the effort is upto the individual himself that he understands the laws and protects himself fully. Give yurself enuf time at the airport for reporting to the INS office (which might be at one end of the airport and the flight will leave from the other end!).