LC through Sprint

You are in a better position if your labor is not filed.
This forum is about the people who have applied for LC through Sprint, and then got transferred/cheated by IBM.

why do you say that I am in better position my friend, my H1 is expiring in Dec'05. I dont know what are my options. I dont think in this market I will get another job who can do my GC. I am in total mess...

Better Off

You are still better off, because you have option open to look for a pre-approved labor. Some employers can to do that for some money. One of my friend did that.

Secondly, you can stay away for 1 year then come back on a fresh H1 and file for GC, hopefully that will be fast then. Anyways there is no idea about the economy here.

h1h4 said:
why do you say that I am in better position my friend, my H1 is expiring in Dec'05. I dont know what are my options. I dont think in this market I will get another job who can do my GC. I am in total mess...

Thanks

Thanks for your information. How much money they charge for approved LCs. Is it really worth going?

The blame goes to us as we did not get anything in writing from IBM about Green card. But IBM did file for the Successor in Interest documents to INS for us which means IBM did tell us that they are going with the GC. I think we can sue them for giving us wrong information to keep us for longer time. If they would have told us before we could have gone long back and would have been in better situation.

My manager, director tried talking to the so called Sprint account head LAtimo but no use. I just don't know what is going on in IBM as the project I am working on is going to fail for sure atleast for few months if I quit. My manager knows this and hence he was trying hard. But in IBM no one cares about Sprint managers or directors.

On a good note, I think we can keep the prioeity data of our application and go through Perm filled by other company. I had discuused this with 2 lawyers and this can be done. So please check with your lawyesr and let us confirm this. Of course no one knows about the PERM process yet as most are getting denials. But I will take denial gladly rather than waiting in this horrible company.

Thanks
Roy

45 Days Letters Coming from BEC.

Around May 20th there were 3 people from IBM who were outsourced from Sprint in 2004 and for their cases 45 Days Letters were received by law firm from BEC, I spoke with 2 people and confirmed it. Law firm does not give any information unless it is your case.

If any of you are getting these letter please share the news here.

KGP, do you goto to IHP site of Fragoman to get the details or got the details by calling the lawyer?

Anyway, even if we get 45 day letter what is the use as IBM is not going forward with GC fro all who came from Sprint in Sept 04.

Retrogression

Folks

What does retrogression mean? I know that EB3 is currently in retrogression and there are rumors that EB2 is also going to be considered for retrogression. I don't have a clue as to what all these mean. Could anybody please explain?

Thank you

Hi,

There are rumors that many applications will be going back to Sprint from IBM. What happens to the GC application which was filled by Sprint moved to IBM? Can Sprint take it back? IBM did not reply for any queries saying that the NOFs are related to Sprint. So, wil these case get rejected once Sprint takes over as the NOF should have been replied in Aug/Sept 2004.

Any thoughts? Are labors through Sprint getting approved?

Everything is in Space

Folks,

After reading coments from all of you, I started to think that we are lost somewhere. No one knows what's going to happen. From all this I would like to add my two pennies.

1. If any of you has more than 1 year left on the H1B, do think about some other consulting firm who is willing to file a new GC for you under PERM. Chances are either your case will be approved or rejected. But if proper documentation is submitted then I do not see any resaon why it will be rejected.

2. If you are towards the end of 6th year, or are in 7+ year extensions then without losing more time file for canadian PR (it normally takes 12-18 months) and then move to Canada. Or file for someother PR. That will give you some options.

3. Best is go back to your home country (ex. India / China). IT shops are doing great in these countries. Infact in some IT Shops they are paying more than what you make in US. I know its easier said than done. But if all options are running out then that's the only option left.

Does it matter if the project fails, if you quit? Will you get a GC if you keep working in the same project???

Think and take a SMART decision for YOUR Future.

45 day letter

Has anyone received 45 day letter recently?
After case is sent to BRC does the AMS shows correct status or the old status?

I am using 312-353-1059 for the AMS. Is there a different number for BRC?

Thanks

I still haven't got my 45 day letter. According to my lawyer, my case was transferred to Dallas BEC in Jan/Feb of this year. I don't believe they haven't opened up that box as of yet. In the meantime, other folks within Sprint (in the same time frame as mine, but a different lawyer) have recd the letter and Sprint has also responded.

It appears that the phone number still shows the old status. I don't know if the BEC has a different number that we can use to check status. As time goes by, I am more and more worried.

rich_royus said:
Has anyone received 45 day letter recently?
After case is sent to BRC does the AMS shows correct status or the old status?

I am using 312-353-1059 for the AMS. Is there a different number for BRC?

Thanks

State should have sent the pending labors in order using Received date. But some states have screwed it and hence BRC is not opening the cases datewise. It is a lottery system there :(

priority date

Does any one know whether we can port the priority date of the labor which was aplied by Sprint? I was told that there is need of a screen shot which shows the priority date. Does anyone know how to get this screen shot?

Thanks

Approvals

I just heard that some of the Sprint cases have received approvals!!! It would be great if folks who have recd the approvals let us know what their Priority Dates are. It would be helpful in projecting the expected approvals for many of us.

Also, let us know what date you got the 45 day letter. There's still many of us with Sprint who haven't got the letter yet :mad:

There's finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

C'mon guys...step up to the plate and shed some light!!!

raju125 said:
I just heard that some of the Sprint cases have received approvals!!! It would be great if folks who have recd the approvals let us know what their Priority Dates are. It would be helpful in projecting the expected approvals for many of us.

Also, let us know what date you got the 45 day letter. There's still many of us with Sprint who haven't got the letter yet :mad:

There's finally some light at the end of the tunnel.

I heard that couple of cases of Sprint IBM got approved. But unfortunately IBM is not going to apply for 140 and 485 for these guys. This is horrible.
I am not sure about the priority dates of these cases.