LC through Sprint

Got 8th year extension

Not sure if this'll help anyone here. But, here it is anyway -

Per some posts in this forum, there should be an underlying labor application to support 1 year extentions on H1B. Though Sprint withdrew my LC after it was moved to BEC, I still got this extention. The LC filed by the new company is less than a year old.
:)

Does anyone know how much time it takes for labor to be cleared from BRC?

How to check if the case is reached to BRC or not?

Thanks
Roy

lawyer

I don't think there is a way to check yet except that once the 45 day letter is acknowledged by the employer, the lawyer can only make a guess on the fate of the destination on a case.

rich_royus said:
Does anyone know how much time it takes for labor to be cleared from BRC?

How to check if the case is reached to BRC or not?

Thanks
Roy

Any update from the IBM lawyers?

Hello All:
Did anyone hear any update from the IBM lawyers at all?
They did not update any status in the past 5 months. Is that for everyone or is it just for me.
Please please reply.
Thanks

that is for everyone, they don't do anything unless DOL sends something and its months before they update sometimes they never updates.
kgp

IBMKCGuy said:
Hello All:
Did anyone hear any update from the IBM lawyers at all?
They did not update any status in the past 5 months. Is that for everyone or is it just for me.
Please please reply.
Thanks

Severance package

Hi,

I am hearing that IBM is not going to continue GC processing for the employees from Sprint who have GCs in process. One more lie from IBM.
And no more H1 extensions for the people on Sprint account.

This is like a lay off for an employee who needs H1 extension. There shold be some way to get severance package.

What do you think?

Thanks
Roy

Half True.

What you said is half true, THEY WIill not file new GC for few groups, although will continue existing GC, there are some group for which they will do New GC as well as continue old GC, H1 EXTENSIONS ETC.

rich_royus said:
Hi,

I am hearing that IBM is not going to continue GC processing for the employees from Sprint who have GCs in process. One more lie from IBM.
And no more H1 extensions for the people on Sprint account.

This is like a lay off for an employee who needs H1 extension. There shold be some way to get severance package.

What do you think?

Thanks
Roy

Could you please provide the name of the groups. I am talking with my PDM and PDM is saying that IBM not going to do any GC (new or existing) processing for Sprint Account.

You input will help me to fight with these liars.

Thanks
Roy

Tell me the date or month when Your job was outsourced I will tell your position.

rich_royus said:
Could you please provide the name of the groups. I am talking with my PDM and PDM is saying that IBM not going to do any GC (new or existing) processing for Sprint Account.

You input will help me to fight with these liars.

Thanks
Roy

Can you tell my status also. Please.

I have moved from Sprint to IBM in Sept 2004.
Let me know if you need more details.
Thanks

Your group is affected. tell me name of yr group then I may give more info.

IBMKCGuy said:
I have moved from Sprint to IBM in Sept 2004.
Let me know if you need more details.
Thanks

same here

same case here also, IBM is not willing to do GC... dont know what to do and H1 is expiring in December'05.

Thx.

What did the PDM says when you asked him/her?
Beacuse that is not what they told us when they hired us from Sprint isnt it.

h1h4 said:
same case here also, IBM is not willing to do GC... dont know what to do and H1 is expiring in December'05.

Thx.

PDM is saying that IBM not doing GCs. Thats all he says. And you are right they didnt say anything about GCs when we were outsourced....
Who should we blame now Sprint or IBM, these guys are playing with our lives.

I am still waiting to talk to my PDM, and I am sure the answer would be the same. When did you apply for labor and how much more time do u have on H1. A few of my colleagues who have applied for 7th year extension already got approved few months back.

h1h4 said:
PDM is saying that IBM not doing GCs. Thats all he says. And you are right they didnt say anything about GCs when we were outsourced....
Who should we blame now Sprint or IBM, these guys are playing with our lives.

I am not that lucky my friend, my labor is also not filed. H1 exp in Dec'05. You mentioned that your frens got 7th year ext, on what basis they are getting .. Is their labor in process with IBM?