LC through Sprint

raju125

Registered Users (C)
Hi all

I remember seeing a thread on the same topic a while ago, and then it disappeared. I was wondering if anybody had more information on the status of LC through Sprint. Looks like there have been a lot of NOF's since Feb and the company has responded to it all.

I am curious as to what the DOL's reaction has been to the responses. Would really appreciate if you could share your experiences.

Thanks
Raju

old thread

Yes, I posted couple of messages on the old thread too. It suddenly disappeared few days ago.

And no news on how Sprint is responding to the NOFs.

LC approval in last couple of months

Did anyone get their labor certified in the last couple of months or do you know anyone who got certified?

Thanks

NOF and LC

Is there anyone from Sprint, who recently got a NOF and later got Labor approved from Chicago DOL.

Thanks in advance,
j

I'm still waiting. My LC should have been approved last Dec. (received in Sept.) by Regional and I'm still waiting.

I probably should know the answer to that, but I'm not sure. It seems to me I got an e-mail in the office a while back stating something to the effect of "please do not discuss this with anyone", but can't quite remember. I did not receive anything in hardcopy. I do however know of others in the office that did receive an NOF, or so I am told.

Is the NOF e-mail or hardcopy?

LCHolding
Is the NOF e-mail or hardcopy?

NOF is 'Notice of Finding', a response ( email or letter, don't know) issued by the officer at DOL stating that he intends to reject the application and asks employer to respond with more details to the NOF if they can justify the request for the LC. This happens a lot for companies that layoff within past 6 months.

After the LC is approved, your attorney will recieve a "hardcopy" following which you can apply for I-140 and 485.

I think you probably got NOF. I hope you got "hardcopy".

- J

Originally posted by j2003
This happens a lot for companies that layoff within past 6 months.- J

6 month within what? When application sent to SESA or when market was tested?

NOF

Notice of Finding indicates a deficiency in the application and is not necessarily an intent to deny. If the deficiency can be corrected, well and good, if not then it could be denied. A careful response is required.

The NOF is mailed(hard copy) to your attorney's office.

Good Luck.

I repeat

While the legalese says that the NOF indicates an intent to deny based on a deficiency in the application, if the deficiency can be resolved the case will be certified. i guess my point was/is that a NOF is not an automatic denial but rather an opportunity to correct a deficiency in the application.

Dilemma!!

I have my gc processing going on with Sprint, however i have labor approved (EB2/RIR) from other company(located in IL) for future employment and to continue with process (ready to file I-140*485 at NSC), that company is asking for $5000, what would you recommend? What would you do if you are in my position?
is it too dangerous to depend on Sprint's GC processing? i have been hearing stories that its taking more than 2 years just to LC approval right now. My position at sprint hasn't been affected in the layoffs for the past two years.

kcgc4me,

I'm in IL. Could you PM the company's name? You're not the only one stuck in the queue, you know...

Re: Dilemma!!

kcgc4me,

I suggest you go with company in IL since you already got the labor approved.

I guess, your gc processing in sprint is still waiting for LC approval from SESA or DOL. You may get NOF as I got, and may take more time and the chances are questionable.

One bird in hand is better than two birds in a bush.

If I were you I would go with the company in IL, as I also work for Sprint. If possible just post the name of the company in IL which may present a ray of hope for others.

- J

My state (KS) labor is approved and is sent to Chicago for federal in March of this Year. No word from Legal Dept, yet.

i am sorry, i cannot give out the Company Name, this company doesn't do gc's if you are not on their payroll. i am the only exception as this is done as favor for referring large number of people w/o taking a penny as referral fee in the IT-Boom Days.

Originally posted by kcgc4me
My state (KS) labor is approved and is sent to Chicago for federal in March of this Year. No word from Legal Dept, yet.

Even if your KS labor is approved, I would still suggest to go with company in IL. Here in sprint, you will definetly get an NOF, which will take almost 5-6 months to get a reply. I heard some people are getting second NOF, and also I know some people who got rejected.

- J

Last edited by a moderator: