Las Vegas citizenship interview experience March 2015

617diesel

Registered Users (C)
Everyone:

I want to share my interview experience at the Las Vegas field office with you guys. First, let me establish the timeline of my case.
  • Case filed on Aug 27, 2014.
  • Fingerprint taken Oct 01, 2014
  • Interview scheduled Jan 12, 2015
  • Interview descheduled Dec 31,2014
  • Interview rescheduled Mar 18, 2015
My appointment was scheduled at 7:15 am. Yes, 7:15 in the morning. I arrived the USCIS office on W. Badura Ave. at 6:45 am. There were about eleven people waiting by the front door already. The guard opened the door at 7:05 am. After I went through the security and set in the waiting area, it was twenty after seven. There were five people waiting in the interview area. The rest was in for info pass or fingerprint.

My name was called by a gentleman from the main office at about 7:30 am. I followed him to his office. He introduced himself and pulled out my file from the drawer. After I went through “telling the truth” statement, we set down. He verified my ID and went through my file.

I had made ten trips abroad since I become a PR. One trip was a few days pass the six month rule. That was the only weakest point in my application. He asked why I made so many trips. I explained. We only spent about two minutes on the subject. I thought that he was going to make a big deal out of it. Lucky me!! I was happy to move on.

After I signed the last page on my N400 application, he proceeded to the civics test. He had me read “How many senators are in the United States?”. He then had me write “We have one hundred Senators.”. He asked six questions. I only recalled five.
  • What is the rule of law?
  • Who wrote the declaration of Independence?
  • What ocean is on the west coast of the US?
  • Why does the flag have 13 stripes?
  • What is the name of the nation anthem?
I aced the test and interview. I thanked him and walked out of the office at about 7:55. At the time, there were probably twenty people setting in the waiting area.

However, my background check was not done at the time. The result was passing English/civics test but the decision couldn’t yet be made on my case. I was told that the background check could be clear by the end of this month. Once it’s cleared, the oath ceremony notice will be mailed to me. At his point, I can only wait for the notice to come.

Congratulations on passing your citizenship interview process. I had mine done in 2009 and the I/O only asked three questions. He had asked me "when is flag day?" This was not on the 100 questions and I was freaking out and he told me to just write it. I was relieved. My wife is now going through the same process.

Thanks buddy.
Just a quick update. The oath ceremony notice is received and scheduled on the 10th of April at the Federal Courthouse on South Las Vegas Blvd. From the H-1 to a US citizen, it ONLY takes me about 13 years. My immigration journey is close to the end. Good luck to all of you guys.

Hi, I have an interview on July 20, 2016.
I had made 4 trips outside the US. One trip lasted 6months and 17days. That was March 20, 2010 to October 7, 2010. I wonder what did they ask you about having a trip outside the US for more than 6 months?