• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Landing first time in USA?

Hi everyone, this is my first time on the forum. Just have a question as well, will be grateful if anyone has suggestions. I'm the primary applicant DV. Arrived at the POE on 19th May 2017 with family (5), JFK, went quite fast and smooth. Used a friend address in TX on DS 260.
After a week of arrival, my SSN together with my 2 sons SSN arrived, except for my wife and little daughter. Will be a month on the 19th June and no SSN for the last two. Just want to find out if this is normal?
Currently back home in Scotland, only spent 6 days in the US to activate PR. Called the SS office number and was told to wait for 6 weeks and if not should contact the dept of homeland security. The person on the phone couldn't offer any other information, so I am not sure how that works.
Could anyone share any more light on this for me, please?
Thanks

Hi everyone, this is my first time on the forum. Just have a question as well, will be grateful if anyone has suggestions. I'm the primary applicant DV. Arrived at the POE on 19th May 2017 with family (5), JFK, went quite fast and smooth. Used a friend address in TX on DS 260.
After a week of arrival, my SSN together with my 2 sons SSN arrived, except for my wife and little daughter. Will be a month on the 19th June and no SSN for the last two. Just want to find out if this is normal?
Currently back home in Scotland, only spent 6 days in the US to activate PR. Called the SS office number and was told to wait for 6 weeks and if not should contact the dept of homeland security. The person on the phone couldn't offer any other information, so I am not sure how that works.
Could anyone share any more light on this for me, please?
Thanks

No, it's not normal, they should have all arrived. However, contacting DHS isn't going to do anything. You (or rather, your wife in this case) will need to visit a SSA office in person, so it will have to wait until you return to the US.

No, it's not normal, they should have all arrived. However, contacting DHS isn't going to do anything. You (or rather, your wife in this case) will need to visit a SSA office in person, so it will have to wait until you return to the US.
Thanks SusieQQQ, I will book flight for next week then for few days.
Thanks for the helpful information.

Hello, thanks for the advice earlier. I am just about to book flight for next week and flights to New york is somehow cheaper. For my wife and daughter's SSN, is it compulsory for them to visit SSA office in Texas or can they visit SSA office in New York to sort out their SSN card? As our address is in Houston for ds 260.
Thanks

Hello, thanks for the advice earlier. I am just about to book flight for next week and flights to New york is somehow cheaper. For my wife and daughter's SSN, is it compulsory for them to visit SSA office in Texas or can they visit SSA office in New York to sort out their SSN card? As our address is in Houston for ds 260.
Thanks

It is advisable for them to visit the SSA office in Houston since they will be submitting a new application with a Houston address.

If you have a NY address you can use in place of the Houston one for the SSN, they going to the SSA office in NY will not be a problem.