landing exp

canus_immi

Volunteer Moderator
Hello Friends ,

We went to canada this thanks giving weekend. While going it took 30 mins for landing process(Signing on Landing documents, PR CARD nad Customs). Also they did not asked abt funds bringing into canada.
While comingback we gave our all I-797 approvals(keeping latest on top ) to INS officer at POE. My visa on passport is expired long back(Same with white I-94 ) .But I have valid approvals. The officer didnot asked us anything, except some common question like bringing items from canada.

So dont panic while coming from Canada.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Canus,

Glad to hear, that your trip went smooth. Were you asked to provide proof of funds? did you show the bank draft or bank statement?

Vault,
No they didnot asked anything . But we carried bank staments and very little funds in form cashier cheque.
Also while coming back , as u suggested we did not open our Advance parole.

thanks for the advice u gave us.

question for landing

Hi canus

Did you fill in the form for applying the maple card when you land Canada? Did you use AP when you came back to USA or just only the valid I797 and I94?

Thanks

yeah actually I downloaded the form which is available in website cic.gc.ca . But he ofice brought another form and he himslef filled the form asking our height , weight etc.. and also took photgraph. he told that cards will be mailed to the address given.

While coming back at US POE the officer saw our approval and allowed us

9 December, 2002

At this time, Canadian citizens as well as landed immigrants in Canada, and citizens of the Commonwealth country are NOT required to receive a visa stamp before entering the U.S.

The Embassy of the United States of America
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Canadian Citizens
Canadian citizens as well as landed immigrants in Canada who are (a) British subjects, (B) citizens of a Commonwealth country or (c) citizens of Ireland do not need to obtain a visa in advance in order to apply for admission to the United States. For individuals falling under these same categories, a passport is not required to enter the U.S. except after a visit outside the Western Hemisphere. The only exceptions to the general visa waiver policy are for those individuals entering the U.S. as treaty traders or investors, as the fiancé of a U.S. citizen or as immigrants. All travelers should be prepared to present documentary evidence of identity, citizenship, and (if applicable) resident status in Canada.

http://www.usembassycanada.gov/cont...tion1=visaservices&document=canadian_citizens

Hi Canus_immi.
Can you tell about coming back to us after landing.
The landing papers I got suggest to wait till you get PR card to travel outside canada or apply for Travel document (permanent resident abroad) before reenter canada.
Can you share your experience on this ?
Did landing in canada affects your I485 processing ?
which place did you enter to canada ?
thanks

Originally posted by AGCLover
Hi Canus_immi.
Can you tell about coming back to us after landing.
The landing papers I got suggest to wait till you get PR card to travel outside canada or apply for Travel document (permanent resident abroad) before reenter canada.
Can you share your experience on this ?

While goinng I showed my landing papers.once the landing process is over, I asked for PR card. They asked me to sign on some form.
While coming back I showed our approvals. they allowed us inside. There was no traffice at that time.

Did landing in canada affects your I485 processing ?

As per my knowledge both are differnet process . so they is NO impcat on 485 processing.

which place did you enter to canada ?

While going thru Raibrow bridge and while coming back thru WHrilpool bridge.since i live in PA it is very Convenient for me.

thanks

Hi Canus,

Could you please tell us for how long you stayed in canada for your landing purpose. I am also going to land in near future. But due to my assignment here I don't think I can stay for couple of weeks. I am new to this message board.

Also, is the procedure at POE the same if you drive or fly to canada.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hello immi_can,

We stayed just for 1 day, landed on thrusday(thanks giving day)
and finshed aplying SIN on friday . We also applied for PR after landing.

I dont know abt when fly..

good luck

Hi canus, thanks for your reply.

I want to know that you came after couple of days to US. Now how you are going to pick up your PR card and SIN card.

And how u are going to enter Canada for the second time, since the permanent resident visa on our passport is a single entry visa.

I appreciate for any info on this.

Thanks

They said they are going to mail the Cards to the address given.

If ur landing first time , apply imdtly give ur Friends address to them if u have any. Since we went thru some immigration consultants we gave their address.

Good luck

Take care

Hi canus, thank you very much for your reply.

Can you give me more information on immigration consultants and how they can help us.

We als want to get help from them.

Thanks again.

they are our immgration consultants , so they are helping us in receiving our PR cards and SIN #

They are plenty of consultanting serives people, Canadavisa, kaminternationa , Cohen .. etc...

Last edited by a moderator:
So canus, where you getting service from the immigration consultants (lawyers) right from the beginning when you started for canada immigration.

As I am completed with the procedure, I am not sure if they can help me out (just for the case of receiving PR card).

Please let me know on this, so that I can contact the immigration consultant and can get help from them.

Thanks for your help.

no canus, i will be moving later (after 6 months) as i am engaged with my assignments.

Please let me know if it is ok with that and if I don't land soon.

Thanks