Landed Immigrant in Canada living in US

YORNES

Registered Users (C)
I am on H1B and landed in Canada last year and now I am nearing the I-140 stage in the U.S for the GC. I have never lived in Canada and not filed any taxes at all. I just have the landed papers and my passport has the landed on ...... stamp. When I go for either CP or AOS for the US gc will this be a problem? Will US INS deny my GC as my passport says I am a landed immigrant in Canada?
Please reply if you have any answers
Thanks

no problem

canadian PR stamp on passport will not create any problem
in cp/aos for us gc.

Hi Yornes

Hi ,

Do you know how long is the Canadian Immigration valid if you are not staying in Canada ...???

Canadian Immigration

I believe its around 6 months, but I know some guys who made it as far as 11 months. But definately before 1 year duration

Canadian Immigrant

Thanks Sun Ray. I have claimed my immigration in May 1998 and stayed in Canda for a week. After that I have never been to Canda. Will this create any problems for me to go back after my US GC comes, maybe even for a aVisit.??? DO i need to Let Canadian Consulate know about me being in US

Me too....

me too... but I did a temp jobs for few months for the first year and filed the tax return. After that, I never go back there and no tax return to file. Don\'t know what will happen...

No Title

Based on your US gc you can always visit Canada irrespective of canadian PR is active or not.

Can I still keep Canadian PR status if I enter Canada by using my US PR?

Should I enter by air or ground? I have 2 passports -- one is for Canadian Landing and another is for US PR. Which one I should carry when I enter into Canada? Thanks!

Waiting for Canadian PR status

Hi,

I\'m currently working in the U.S. and due to the current uncertainity,did file for my Canadian P.R. status which should arrive by Sept hopefully...

My question is after I get my canadian P.R. status can I get back to the U.S. and work...is there any time restriction...how long can I work in the States(if there is no restriction on my stay...),also i have filed for my GC but as you know i have no clue as when that would come through..i have closed my eyes on the same for the time being...

Thanks

Chels
(P.S. I\'m not a citizen of any of the Common Wealth countries)

No Title

hk-girl, how much time elapsed since u got ur US PR and away from US?

bd,

I got my US PR more than 6 months but never go back to Canada since then. Any suggestion how should I enter into Canada? Thanks!

No Title

If you have US PR and ur residing in US, u should not have any problem
to visit canada by any mode of transport.

Immigration to Canada

I want to know about the IT Job Market in Canada ??
Iam planning to Immigrate there.Pls can some one give me some Information

Canadian Immigration

Sun Ray,

How do canada know that you stayed so long in US as they don\'t stamp your passport or anything?

Thanks
Pankaj Garg

Stay in US. I was laid off 3 months ago and have not even received an offer for an interview.

this is in the toronto area.

With the new law coming in June 30, I think you can return to CA despite being away more than 1 yr

One of you said that definitely 1 year is the maximum limit you can stay away from Canada and still return to it using the Landing Papers.

Well, I think the new law is retrospective and will apply to you. So there is no such thing as 1 year limit anymore.

For me, I will have completed 1 year of being away from CA in Sep 2002. But Your 1-yr limit worries me!! I did not apply for Returner\'s Permit because I currently study in the US and do not think I need it. Also, we have the new law coming on June 30, 2002. So I shouldn\'t worry too much. So applying for the Returner\'s Permit is not necessary at all!!

Your imput is greatluy appreciated.

Pls Explain in detail !!

Is the Market not good in Canada ??
I mean can\'t you get any Job ??
Is that so Bad ???