Lamination of Greencard

hima94

Registered Users (C)
Anyone, please let me know if i should not laminate plastic card?
I have got my greencard laminated and what if i should not?

What are you trying to do???

Put a 'plastic' on your plastic card???!?! Don't get too plastic, you might get plasticitis! :)

GC Card Lamination? C'mon :confused:

Its against the law. You can get into serious problem when you are asked to show it to an INS Officer at a POE.

Apply for a duplicate card. Cost around $100 or so.

Originally posted by hima94
Anyone, please let me know if i should not laminate plastic card?
I have got my greencard laminated and what if i should not?

we wish you had asked before the act!!!:) Ask your lawyer:D:D

here we are in an endleass wait for some kind of response from INS and this moron is worried about laminating the goddamn card ? are you a nitwit or what ? keep it under the bed - glue it to your face - who gives a damn ? be thankful you got the card. congratulations on your card - you can burn it if you want, moron.

now since you have got it laminated, Please hang your GC on Wall and do Puja every morning ...

What a dumbo ..?

hima94

I don't know if you are allowed or not allowed to laminate the card. But if you laminate it, INS may suspect that you have tampered with the card. Now that you have already done it, you may want to check if there is any way you can remove the lamination (ask the place you had it laminated) without damaging the card.

To be on a safer side, you may want to check with your attorney.

BTW.... I DON'T think it was stupid or dumb...there is nothing wrong in trying to protect your card.

laminating a card...

that is the dumbest, most stupid thing some would do... don't ask that stupid, dumb question here, moron!!!

don't spread your stupidity or dumbness here...

if you've already laminated your card, why don't you shove it up your ass and see if it would still need more lamination...

lamination... moron!

People

What's with all the abuse? They guy asked a question that some of you consider irrelavant so just don't reply. Atleast the question was not way off topic. What does abuse fetch you? Nothing!!

As for the answer to the question, I would not have done it. It is an official govt. document and it might be considered tampering. However, as I always say talk to your lawyer, it might after all not be a problem

yea true

I mean... we can probably have little jokes but I dont feel that this post deserved being called names. Dang some of you are harsh!

Peace!

i agree

come on guys, stop bashing him. I understand some of the comments are funny but stop the 4 letter words please.

Sujay: you cracked me up, man. i can't stop laughing.

I thought I was losing my mind waiting

for the approval. Guess he must have laminated all his immigration related receipts, notices too. Take it easy man. You are free now. They can't do you any harm no more.

second psmith's comment

Mocking and sarcasm to an extent is one thing. Calling him/her as "moron" and asking to "shove it up the ass" by any stretch is totally uncalled for! What possesses people to react this way? Is it the anonymity that this forum provides? Will ranniedv have behaved this way if people were face to face when this question was asked?

Amazes me ....

hima, like others said, you should have asked this question first before you did the lamination. Since the card contains barcodes, magnetic strips and microfiched information, lamination "might" hurt the proper use of the card. As someone else suggested, just to be on the safer side, ask for a duplicate. INS specifically supplies the protective cover for this purpose... of protecting the card.

Good luck