laid off before filing 485

fly_in_sky

Registered Users (C)
Seek for help urgently!!!

I'm an H1 holder, LC certified, I140 approved, I485 not filed yet (waiting for quota). My 6-year H1B visa will expired two months later. Another 3-year H1B visa extension was approved which will expire in the mid of Nov. 2009.

Unfortunately I got laid off today. What should I do? How long can I stay in US legally? If I try to find a new job (is there any employer willing to offer job for a person in such kind of situation?) does it mean all the steps regarding H1, GC must be reset and start from the beginning? Is there any "portability"?

Please kindly give me suggestions. Thanks in advance!!!

fly_in_sky said:
Seek for help urgently!!!

I'm an H1 holder, LC certified, I140 approved, I485 not filed yet (waiting for quota). My 6-year H1B visa will expired two months later. Another 3-year H1B visa extension was approved which will expire in the mid of Nov. 2009.

Unfortunately I got laid off today. What should I do? How long can I stay in US legally? If I try to find a new job (is there any employer willing to offer job for a person in such kind of situation?) does it mean all the steps regarding H1, GC must be reset and start from the beginning? Is there any "portability"?

Please kindly give me suggestions. Thanks in advance!!!

Get a new job with H1B transfer. You should get H1B for 3 years as your I-140 is approved.

You may have to labor and I-140 again, but you may be able to retain old priority date (if your ex-employer does not revoke old I-140).

You may be out of status now. Please consult an attorney ASAP.

Good Luck.

Change of employer after 140 approval -please clarify doubt

Hello Gurus,

Can you clarify my doubt?

My I-140 is approved, but my employer is delaying to apply 485 and i have just 3 months of H1B to complete 6 years. If i have to change my employer within these 3 months, can i get 3yrs H1B extension with new employer?

Please clarify, i will be grateful to you.

Thank You,

Yes.
Hello Gurus,

Can you clarify my doubt?

My I-140 is approved, but my employer is delaying to apply 485 and i have just 3 months of H1B to complete 6 years. If i have to change my employer within these 3 months, can i get 3yrs H1B extension with new employer?

Please clarify, i will be grateful to you.

Thank You,

Thanks Dry heat,

Do you know any official site to get this information?

I got 3 Years Expension after I-140 Approved, You need to Specify in the Petetion that you need 3 Yrs Ext, Its not Automactic. So, Mention to your Lawyer before you apply H1B Extension