L1B to L1A and EB1 - Eligibility and Constraints-Clarification Needed

Praveena R

Hi Rajiv Sir,

Greetings!

I work for an Indian MNC and in US on deputation. I got my L1B stamped second time in Aug 2011, came to US and went to India on vacation in Jan 2014 (~1 month). My L1B was converted to L1A with the change in role at US based on my prior experience in the same company at offshore during Jun 2010 – Jul 2011 .

I traveled to India on vacation in Sep 2015 and happened to extend the stay at offshore for ~6 months during which I was performing the same managerial role at Offshore. As my visa was extended at onsite, I appeared for L1A stamping in person at Consulate and traveled to US in Mar 2016.

My employer is willing to initiate EB1 and would need your help and clarification on the following

1) Will there be any problem in EB1 eligibility for my L1B was converted to L1A?
2) Does the travel for 6 months to India in 2014 and work at offshore conflict the eligibility criteria?
3) Should the abroad working experience be continuous 1 year or is split allowed?
4) Read from several blogs that the managerial experience needs to be an year prioir 3 years of entry to US. In my case can you please confirm the period that will be counted

Given the above information, can you please clarify the concerns involved in the EB1 GC process and the success factors involved.

Thanks in advance

Praveena