L1A - Visa Application Eligibility

Shaanit Dutta

Hi,

Having gone through the L1A (for Managers) requirements I understand the following along with my role mapping:

1. Individual to lead a function - I head the commercial finance for US (third level reporting into the CFO) with 12 member team of chartered accountants and MBAs
2. Future role in US - decentralization of the present function to US and still lead the team in offshore and hire and expand the team through local recruitment in US
3. Continue to set directions for the function and align to organizational objectives
4. Education background - Full time MBA Finance & Strategy
5. Working for the same company for the past 8 years
6. The company is a $8Bn Indian IT
7. Skills required for the future role in US:
a. Negotiation skills with Customer for commercial and contract closures
b. Leadership skills to manage decentralization and build team and manage overseas cultural differences
c. Technical skills to manage the tool used for pricing the services and review the work of the team members
8. I already have a business visa (multiple entries) and I keep travelling for customer contracts very often since I lead this geo
9. I also have business visas for Netherlands, Singapore & UK - Travels to these geos are limited though.

Basis the above details is their a thorough eleigibility of L1A. While I understand that LVisas in general is getting rejected from India,however, would first want to get a comfort on whether at all the profile is eligible for L1A.

Request your opinion. Happy to answer any queries.

Thanks