L1 to H1

kpbabu99

Hi,

I am on L1 VISA and working for company A. I plan to go to India for my marriage on Nov 1st week and come back on Nov last week. My L1 petition is valid till March 2007. Since my L1 VISA was expired on Last month, I plan to go for Stamping in India during my trip.
And some other company B willing to sponsor H1 right now. But I want to work for company B after my India trip (i,e my be starting from Jan 2006) .
My question is that:
1)Can go for vacation and come back to US on L1 in Nov 1st week, If I apply H1 right now and it may or may not approve it by Nov 1st week.

Actually, I want to for stamping on L1 petition, come back to US on L1 and change the status from L1 to H1 from Jan 2006.

Please some one advice me as early as possible.

Thanks
KP

Thanks in Advance
KP

1) yes, you can go for L1 stamping, come back and switch over to H1 from jan 2006. its not a problem

Hi RVP,
Thank you for your reply.So, If I apply H1 and get the approved H1 petition by Nov 1st week,you mean to say that it won't effect my L1 VISA. I can still go for vacation, get stamping on L1 and come back to US. And I can shift to H1 later some time in next year.
One more question, I had is
If my wife comes to US on L2 after our marriage and get EAD to work for one year, Does it effect if change my status from L1 to H1 .

Could you please advice me on this also as some company ready to transfer H1 right now.

Thanks
KP