K3 and I130 Approved: Which one to choose?

pgeorge64

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
Both of my K3 and I130 applications were approved. For I-130, they just sent me I-864 to be filled out. For K3 a letter from NVC says that they will forward to the consulate for processing in a week.
It looks like K3 will be faster. But since I130 is already approved, I am not sure what to do.
Can my wife still come here on a K3 visa and then file for adjust status? What will happen to the I-130 petition then?
Appreciate any answers or help..

Thanks
P.G

pgeorge64 said:
Hello,
Both of my K3 and I130 applications were approved. For I-130, they just sent me I-864 to be filled out. For K3 a letter from NVC says that they will forward to the consulate for processing in a week.
It looks like K3 will be faster. But since I130 is already approved, I am not sure what to do.
Can my wife still come here on a K3 visa and then file for adjust status? What will happen to the I-130 petition then?
Appreciate any answers or help..

Thanks
P.G

Yes, she can come here on K3 visa. You can write a letter to National Visa Center to stop processing your I 130. Your I 130 process will take another 2-3 months before file could be forwarded to the consulate.

I130 and K3 got approved

Hi P.G.

I have the same case as yours. The I130 and K3 got approved at the same time. I wonder what I should do. In your case, what did you do? I heard that people can go to US with the K3 first then have the I130 (Green Card) interview at the countries they are coming from in order to avoid the long processing time of consular action in US. Since we have to file the I-485 after we enter US with K3 visa, the waiting time for green card may be long. I don't know if it is true or not. I also wonder if any of you can ask my questions.

Thanks,
Jenn