1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K1 visa on a 10 year ban

Discussion in 'General K Visas and Related Issues' started by Limt, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Limt

Limt New Member

Hello. My question is can I be approve for a fiance visa if I have a ban. I was banned for 10 years, I have 1 more year until the ban is over. Is it possible or not? What about once the ban is over, can it be used as a reason to deny the visa? I was a child when my parents took me to the US, unfortunately they filed a false asylum petition and got deported, I was an adult when this happened. How will this affect my chances since I entered illegally as a child but left when I was an adult.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. Bathory

Bathory New Member

Once the 10 year ban is served, you become admissible just like someone who never received a ban.

You will need documentation to back up your leave date. Do not lie on any forms - you may be required to disclose this incident.

If the 10 year ban has not been completed, then you will need to apply with an I-601.

3. 1AurCitizen

1AurCitizen Registered Users (C)

Need a waiver during ban. K1 not guaranteed even after ban over.