1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. A journalist is interested in finding a Canadian who has overstayed their legal visit to the United States and is willing to talk about their story and why this happened. Given the topic, he said he can quote them anonymously in the story if necessary. Please contact him by "Clicking Here"

Dismiss Notice

K1 visa on a 10 year ban

Discussion in 'General K Visas and Related Issues' started by Limt, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Limt

Limt New Member

Hello. My question is can I be approve for a fiance visa if I have a ban. I was banned for 10 years, I have 1 more year until the ban is over. Is it possible or not? What about once the ban is over, can it be used as a reason to deny the visa? I was a child when my parents took me to the US, unfortunately they filed a false asylum petition and got deported, I was an adult when this happened. How will this affect my chances since I entered illegally as a child but left when I was an adult.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  2. Bathory

Bathory New Member

Once the 10 year ban is served, you become admissible just like someone who never received a ban.

You will need documentation to back up your leave date. Do not lie on any forms - you may be required to disclose this incident.

If the 10 year ban has not been completed, then you will need to apply with an I-601.

3. 1AurCitizen

1AurCitizen Registered Users (C)

Need a waiver during ban. K1 not guaranteed even after ban over.